Argh, another birthday swings around and I find myself with a 100 dollar gift card to Amazon.com. So, what should I get. I'm not too interested in distortion or overdrive, as I have two really kickass tube amps, which pwn. Also I'd prefer stereo pedals if possible, but I realize this might not be possible at my price range. Not really interested in digital effects either, I'm pretty tone picky.

Any suggestions?

And keep in mind Amazon has really ****ty selection...I wish they'd just learn to send me certificates for MF or eBay or something.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
Quote by 4string-tsurigi
bf-3 flanger? also, what are you mod of?GB&C?

GG+A, and GB+C
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Last edited by Erock503 at Jun 12, 2006,
Quote by 4string-tsurigi
bf-3 flanger? also, what are you mod of?GB&C?

GG+A, and GB+C
^Do you have alzheimers'?
I'd get a holy grail reverb, but that's just me.
What have you already got?

I'd recommend a chorus, EQ, delay, or amp switcher. A wah if you don't have one.
"A wise man once said, never discuss philosophy or politics in a disco environment." - Frank Zappa
Quote by Jinskee
Don't question the X.
<Frenchy> I'm such a failure
My list:
DS-1(modded)
SD-1(modded)
Homebrew distortion/od/fuzz
Homebrew distortion(plexi in a stompbox)
Homebrew tremelo
Homebrew Rangemaster booster
Homebrew compressor(but I could use another I guess, this one is kinda squishy.)
Homebrew OD
Homebrew Buffer 1
Homebrew Fuzz
Homebrew Police siren(useless but cool)
Homebrew Buffer 2
Crybaby(VERY modded)
Homebrew True bypass loop setup with mixer and sub loops

And in the works I have a Fuzz Face, and a spring reverb, and something else I can't think of at the moment.

I'm leaning towards the Small Clone, even though it's not stereo I can patch it up so it's stereo with my looper. I think an MXR Dyna Comp might be a good choice too...
^I tried a Small Clone out on Saturday, I found it pretty damn versitile as a chorus, like 2 pedals in one. The "Depth" switch makes it like a regular chorus, and then when switched the other way it turns into a more intense chorus, which colours the sound more, I'm actually considering getting one too...
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
I just listened to the clips, it can go into a really deep warble thing too...sweet stuff.
Small clones are wonderful. You can use one for just about everything. I find them to be more warm than the Boss chorus pedal with much more versatility. Plus, they're durable and well constructed so they'll last you yeeeeaaars.
'01 Sunburst Strat>1953 Valco Supro

'06 Jazz bass>'78 Bassman 10

Simple rig fan.
They seem to have a hell of a lot of range too...
Don't be afraid to care"

Check out a Boss DD-3. Short delays, but great pedal. If you want longer delays, check out the DD-6, for about $50 more.
2005 Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Marshall JCM900 MKIII Master Volume head
Carvin G412T cabinet
Line 6 DL-4
Boss BF-3
Boss CS-3
Boss NS-2
Boss OD-20
Boss PH-2
Ibanez TS-7 (being modded soon!)
I was looking into the DD-3, but by now all my gear is so mojo-full I don't think I could really taint it with a digital pedal...
I know it's unreasonable, but yeah.

I've decided on the Small Clone, thanks guys.

Why not try a compressor? Warm sustain... I'm gonna get one to go with my jcm600 2x12.
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.

boss also mae analog delays, try a PS-2 if you can find one for delay, or make your own. The Boss DD-3 is amazing though for delay, you wont be dissapointed. A small clone would also do you service. MXR Phaser? youll fall in love with it.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
by the way, jimbob, the MXR DynaComp is a compressor. Try a Super Comp, a little more money, but way more versatile Pinky
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
Quote by That_Pink_Queen

Good choice!
I'm really, really tempted to buy one too sometime soon, it was just so damn nice sounding at any setting, and that doesn't usually happen with many pedals...

Also... You could look for an Electro-Harmonix (Deluxe) Memory Man, they're apparently amazing analogue delays, I need to try one though...
Don't be afraid to care"

I think you should just make 'em yourself there, Pink.

Although I most definately agree with the correct choice being the Small Clone.
Quote by That_Pink_Queen
I was looking into the DD-3, but by now all my gear is so mojo-full I don't think I could really taint it with a digital pedal...
I know it's unreasonable, but yeah.

Boss Delays don't turn your entire signal digital. Your dry tone stays analog, but the delay part is converted to digital and.... well... delayed.
"A wise man once said, never discuss philosophy or politics in a disco environment." - Frank Zappa
Quote by Jinskee
Don't question the X.
^Yes, but there's just less mojo if you know what I mean.
Quote by That_Pink_Queen
^Yes, but there's just less mojo if you know what I mean.

Pfft, boss digi delays are the best digi delays around in terms of tone. Especially the dd-2 for what you're looking for. They're like, a box of pure mojo
Quote by Jinskee
Don't question the X.
I got a memory man, and its fucing amazing. A bit pricey (I got it for around 250), but its worth it if you have the cash. That or the english muffn by EH, but again, its 190. Its tube pedal though, and would make your setup look incredible.