I can't intonate my 4th string anymore. The saddle is at the flattest(in terms of sound) possible and i already flipped it so I could have more room, but no use, it won't go any further and it's still not flat enough. What's the problem here? Any solutions?
how far is it to intonated, because u can shorten the intonation screw/spring to get more room too.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Check and see if the neck is straight.
Quote by BumOffBarney
And everyone in this thread, get a life. With the exception of trexgrinder or something like that
The strings are 3 days old. And how can I shorten those screws (I got a Tune-O-Matic bridge) ?
nope u cant on TOM, i was thinking it would be a strat.

umm u can work with the nut, maybe think about installing an EARvana nut.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

well u need more room between the nut and the bridge. they are too close, and its not letting u intonate.
this happens from time to time. if u dont want to swap out the nut, u can try straightening the neck a little.
depending on ur action. this might be helpful or might give u fretbuzz.

if ur neck has less curve, it might give u enough room to work with ur saddle.

*or u can first try lifting ur action a small amount. lifting the strings, might give u a "small" bit of wiggle room. if the strings lift up from the board then they have to cover more ground to get to the bridge, and that might be enough to get u in tune.

if it used to intonate for u, there's a chance one of these two things shifted on u a bit.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Quote by jj1565

if it used to intonate for u, there's a chance one of these two things shifted on u a bit.

It's probable because it wasn't doing it few months ago.

Could the fact that I let the neck with no strings for few hours few days ago might had affected this as well?
well, yes, but probably not because your neck shifted.
if anything, the neck would have straightened out a bit for you, changing ur setup but probably not in a way that would cause this particular problem.

what might have happened, is the bridge might have moved a little. maybe its not sitting in the posts correctly? i dont know. all i know for sure is...
sometimes TOM bridges move/fall off, when not under pressure. (no strings)

and if uve never had this problem before, a setup should move things back, and ull most likely be back to normal.
i dont know if u need a pro setup or not. that depends on u.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62