Im thinking about getting this guitar because lately ive been into hard rock and metal like Black sabbath, Megdath , Metallica etc but im still kinda of into blues like Eric Clapton, SRV , Buddy Guy and still very into Classic Rock like Led zeppelin , Rush, Jimi Hendrix and such. I was wondering if there was a guitar that would fit into all those catogories. My price range is about 1000-1500$canadian(thats including tax).

(and dont tell me to go to the official giutar reccomdation thread they always die)

My guitars
-Ibanez GRX40
-Norman B50 (acoustic)
My Amps
-Ibanez 10 watt
-Vox valvetronix AD100VT
My pedals
-Boss SD-1
it can handle the metal well but im not to sure it would like right in the blues. as long as your amp can handle the metal as the vox hasnt been known to well for metal then i guess that you should get the guitar it seems alright
I have one, and it can definately handle the metal lol. However, I can also get a decent light overdrive tone out of it... just takes a bit of tweaking on your amp. And the whole instrument is very playable, one of the most comfy necks I've ever played, so... I'd go for it (well, I already did). Its pretty versatile, if you'd like some clips of it you could check out the link in my sig... Keep in mind that they were recorded with a cheap solid state amp and a crappy computer microphone! lol
The RR5 is going to be my next axe. But from experience (not as much as Mr. Priest tho) I would say it's not too good for playing rythm with the stock pups. Way too trebbly. With a pup swap (not saying it needs one, but perhaps it will for your style) it could easily do all those types of music. Because it's mainly the amp, not the guitar. Infact just recently I saw someone use an RR5 on tv for some stupid American Idol ripoff thing. 'It Takes Two'. I didn't watch it I swear! I just saw it on the ad!
Quote by Sn^ke
The RR5 is going to be my next axe. But from experience (not as much as Mr. Priest tho) I would say it's not too good for playing rythm with the stock pups. Way too trebbly. With a pup swap (not saying it needs one, but perhaps it will for your style) it could easily do all those types of music. Because it's mainly the amp, not the guitar. Infact just recently I saw someone use an RR5 on tv for some stupid American Idol ripoff thing. 'It Takes Two'. I didn't watch it I swear! I just saw it on the ad!

was it an rr5 i thought it looked more like a esp sv standard
Quote by Sn^ke
^RR5. It had the gold pickguard and Jackson headstock.

my bad i dont pay that much attention to ads. anyway Sn^ke i visited kosmic last week to check out the sv standard to bad some guy was already there playing it, though they got some brand new guitars in recently including the steve vai jem
Yeah I saw the JEM. I'm not that interested in Ibanez's though. It kinda pissed me off that all the USA Jacksons were up high on the wall.
haha, my school recently got a jackson to bad it doesnt have a floyd rose but its alright 2 way trem works well though tuning is a bitch
Your 'school' got a Jackson? What school do you go to? Sounds good. Why didn't I go there...
i go to aranmore, plus its not that great of a jackson its like a jx20(something like that) but with a 5 way switch not a toggle switch