I'm looking for an amp under $300 for small to medium venue gigs. I'm probably going to buy used local or off ebay. I play sublime, RHCP, Incubus, and some of my own stuff.
I was thinking the vox ad50vt. I need to know how good it is or if there is a better amp out there.
I would love to go tube but don't know of a decent amp under $300.
Quote by Kneusje
^ He's right!

Quote by Flea of RHCP
I LOVE, I LOVE, I LOVE... KILLER WHALES! AND I LOVE MANGOS! AND IGGY POP TOO! I LOVE IGGY POP! AND EVEN GETTING UP EARLY IN THE MORNING, AND SWIMMING! AND TAKING A GOOOOOD SH*T! AND I LOVE ALL OF YOU TOO!

I've been looking into amps with your same prefrances, and the best one I found was the Vox ad50vt. I'm going to buy it, but if anyone does know a better amp i'd like 2 know as well
the vox would be great.
Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile
I also have a zoom 505 effects pedal and i was wondering if i should keep it or go with and od pedal
Quote by Kneusje
^ He's right!

Quote by Flea of RHCP
I LOVE, I LOVE, I LOVE... KILLER WHALES! AND I LOVE MANGOS! AND IGGY POP TOO! I LOVE IGGY POP! AND EVEN GETTING UP EARLY IN THE MORNING, AND SWIMMING! AND TAKING A GOOOOOD SH*T! AND I LOVE ALL OF YOU TOO!

yea a Vox would be where you wanna go, I have one its great
Member #5 of the I <3 Schecter's Club-PM Schecter-06 to join
"Member of the Guitarists that wished they could sing because they would make fantastic frontmen club"-Pm Davidian to join
Do they have them at guitar center? I've heard amazing things about them and done some research but haven't played one yet.
Quote by Kneusje
^ He's right!

Quote by Flea of RHCP

Yea they are at guitar center, thats where i picked up mine, I tested out a few compared em to each other and based on sound/price I chose the Vox in the end
Member #5 of the I <3 Schecter's Club-PM Schecter-06 to join
"Member of the Guitarists that wished they could sing because they would make fantastic frontmen club"-Pm Davidian to join
I heard in another thread they had an 8 ohm speaker line in the back. could i add a cabinet and have the internal combo speakers still work?
Quote by Kneusje
^ He's right!

Quote by Flea of RHCP

Quote by RHCPKicksA$$
I heard in another thread they had an 8 ohm speaker line in the back. could i add a cabinet and have the internal combo speakers still work?

no using an external speaker mutes the voxes internal speaker
^

Chances are that it'll go above the retail price. It usually does when it's a good amp and the BIN is gone.
Jackson SLSMG Soloist (JB/Jazz)
Roland Micro Cube

Member of UG's gain \/\/hores-pm gpderek09 to join.