I'm thinking of getting a new guitar mainly for distortion and some use of the tremolo bar, i probably won't be using detuning on it but possibly every now and then. I'm thinking in the $250-$300 and under range. any suggestions?
"All Randy ever wanted to do was play the guitar."

Quote by Xenn99
Or...were you playing Fallout Boy? Because then it's obvious what happened. Your Low E String committed suicide.

"I don't fucking eat donuts"
Nearly all of the guitars in that price range will have a crap trem which will go out of tune. If you save up for another 200 you could get the Ibanez S470 which has a very good trem. Other than that, you'd be stuck with a bunch of Edge II and III's, and crappy licensed floyd rose trems which wouldn't stay in tune and would be a pain.
i suggest you save a little more, there is a huge difference in a $300 to a $700 guitar.one will suck the other will last a lifetime.
alright, thanks for the advice.

Quote by Xenn99
Or...were you playing Fallout Boy? Because then it's obvious what happened. Your Low E String committed suicide.

so is that Ibanez the best way to go?

Quote by Xenn99

awesome thanks for the help.

Quote by Xenn99

now i'm thinking i want 24 frets, any suggestions on that or would i have to raise the price?

Quote by Xenn99

I'm also thinking of getting a new guitar. I have a budget of around £400 and i prefer super strat bodies and i tend to drop tune a lot and i use heavier gauge strings. I'm really after a guitar which has great action and i can move around the fretboard with ease and also not a guitar that's too heavy and locking trems or nuts don't bother me if they come with or without them. I've been suggested the ibanez s520ex and also the sz520qm models stand out above the rest and they seem to be really great guitars, i was wondering if anyone could give me anymore suggestions?