Im not new at guitar but i would like to learn some scales could anyone give me some, or could someone tell me where to find them. Why should I learn scales ive been playing for 6 years and ive never learned really any except like 3.
i can play anything i try fine and i havent ever practiced scales i find them to be boring and useless if you want to get good with your fingers all you need to do is practice.
Boring and useless? Really? If you have been learning songs by other musicians, you have been using scales. If you have been writing your own songs, you have been using scales. You may not know what the scale is or what it is called, but they have been there. I think it is really worth your time to start learning scales: both the theory, and the fingering on the fretboard.
Summer Sale: Save 20% on Jam Tracks or Exotica. Save 30% when you buy both. Sale ends September 4th.
www.UnderTheGroove.com
Quote by swave
i can play anything i try fine and i havent ever practiced scales i find them to be boring and useless if you want to get good with your fingers all you need to do is practice.

Yes you have used scales. Just not knowingly.
Quote by swave

yes, they sure are if you play system of a down

but for those who seriously would like to improve their playing, scales are great for pointing out flaws in technique while played ascending and descending, as well as finding a way to connect musical ideas you may have so that they theoretically fit...music should not be composed using scales, but they should be seen as explanations to why music sounds the way it does
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by Sharp_as_steel
Axe_grinder pwns!!!!

Member #2 of the "Official UG Teabaggers' Cult". PM Slayer224 to join.
Quote by GuitarSymphony
http://www.all-guitar-chords.com

I swear this thing should be in my sig.

Bah, some of them are wrong, and it gives retarded voicings sometimes. Just learn how to make chords and you'll know more than that site... and won't have to go to it every time you want a chord name.
Looking for my India/Django.