Is the epiphone les paul ultra worth buying?
my gear
_______

Epiphone Les Paul Jr.
Roy Clark Signature acoustic
Crate 15w amp
I have a Epi LP custom, a slightly cheaper model and i love it. the ultra is even better quality from what ive heard... what kind of music do you play?
the ultra wont be able to handle metal, or high gain music, because it is a hollowbody and it will feedback like crazy...

but for blues, jazz, classic rock, rock, and low gain and clean stuff, its really an amazing guitar
For cleans and low gain stuff it should be great-for anything else it will feedback horribly.

If you play heavier stuff look at the Epi LP Standard Plain Top. It's basically the same, just a solid body instead of semi-hollow.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
actually the ultra is a really nice guitar for the money.

not a hollowbody, but a chambered body. not typical epi LP mahogany sound. brighter, which can be a good thing, depending on ur preference. (not stated.)

in addition, the weight loss is great if ur prone to back/shoulder problems.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
I LOVE MY ULTRA!!! get it man i dont regret it at all!!!!!! seriously i love medal and **** but i got a custom for that . . . so i got a ultra and it hands crunching classic rock like no other!!!
i know a guy on the Epi forum who uses it as his main guitar and he plays metal, and says it handles it well. hsi user name is tedvanfrehly. look him up there and ask him yourself.
Ovation Celebrity
MIJ STRAT
Ibanez Prestige S1220WNF
modded Ibanez GAX75
Fender tuner-DIGITECH EX-7-BOSS SD1-Ibanez CF7-Tech 21 TM 60
(LOOP)Boss DD20(Loop)
My soundclick page
the standard plain top will definitely be better, it wont get true LP tone and i dont see how people find them heavy (weight), dont be a pussy get a real LP

ever thought of getting a new amp as most of your tone will come form your amp, though you have a starter guitar
i play any kind of rock like led zeppelin, motley crue, ac/dc, black sabbath and stuff like that
my gear
_______

Epiphone Les Paul Jr.
Roy Clark Signature acoustic
Crate 15w amp
I've played a couple of Ultras, and while they've sounded a little *weird* - they played pretty well.

You could also check out the Agile guitars at www.rondomusic.net. Just giving you more options
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.