So my guitar... is a piece of crap i know

(Squire, Telecaster)

But when i play it, it sometimes shocks the **** out of me

Do any of you know what i can do to fix that?
Quote by shavotankian
So my guitar... is a piece of crap i know

(Squire, Telecaster)

But when i play it, it sometimes shocks the **** out of me

Do any of you know what i can do to fix that?

I had a good laugh

Take to a guitar repairman, there is a short in it. He'll be able to fix it.
you have to find the ground wire thats been disconnected and resolder itt
Quote by R_H_C_P
^Oh my God! You're the first person to actually notice that link! A pringle to you my friend!

My Surf-o-Strat Project
Shock me, make me feel better...
My Gear:

2006 Fender American Strat
'58 Reissue Korina Gibson Flying V
1963 Harmony H53 Rocket
Squier Tele Custom II

Fender Champion 600
haha that happened to me once, crazy feeling. now i gotta fix that problem myself.
"All Randy ever wanted to do was play the guitar."

Quote by Xenn99
Or...were you playing Fallout Boy? Because then it's obvious what happened. Your Low E String committed suicide.

"I don't fucking eat donuts"
ya, it happened to me once... my guitar wasnt grounded, and i stepped near a mic, and tried to sing and....

BAM my lip got shocked, and it was bleeding... it kinda sucked

you could repair it yourself(if you follow a wiring manuel, and you have decent soldering skills) or you could send it to a repairman who probably knows waht hes doing, but for a price...
That happens to me when I play in my sewing room. It shocks my arm and everything else exept my hands. When I play anywhere else it doesnt happen.
I've had it too but try plugging your amp in elsewhere. maybe your socket is overloaded
#57 of the Alter Bridge Fan Club
Quote by zeppelin68
your guitar is probably not grounded

Your guitar doesn't provide a large enough AC current, there's no way in hell it could shock you if it isn't grounded. You'll hear a ton of noise through the amp though. If you're getting shocked, most likely your amp isn't grounded or it's shorting; either the socket it's plugged into or the circuitry itself could be the culprit.

Warning: Note that this problem is very serious and could result in death. I advise you get it checked out and resolved before playing through the amplifier again
Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer
Last edited by Bazilisck311 at Aug 15, 2006,