hey guys, i'm looking for something new to play, post anything

thanks
i really like the bass intro to carousel by blink 182 or try higher ground by red hot
My gear:
Tom Delonge squire strat
fender princeton 650
danelectric p.o.s. peddle
Pulling teeth - metallica

a lot of who songs have cool basslines, if you can find any live songs he really steps it up. a lot of sabbath songs have cool bass lines too.
thanks guys, keep em coming, i've been looking into chilli peppers a lot recently
NIB - Black Sabbath
Seek and Destroy - Metallica
Epic - Faith No More
Quote by Duane_Allman
Your gayer than me, and thats pretty gay.
Quote by Twist of fate
If there's blood on the field, play ball.
[center]
The
e|--3---0---0--|
B|--0---1---0--|
G|--0---2---1--|
D|--0---2---2--|
A|--2---0---2--|
E|--3---x---0--|
You just lost.[/CENTER]
Last edited by *kill'emall* at Jun 13, 2006,
How about some Rage Against The Machine. Their stuff is loaded with sweet bass lines.
Fender MIM Strat w/SD Hot Rails in Bridge/Marshall AVT275x/Digitech RP200/Dunlop Classic Crybaby/Fender MIM Jazz Bass/Fender Rumble 25/Pearl Forum 5 Piece Drum Set w/Zildjian ZBT cymbal set/Shure SM58/Line 6 Toneport UX-1.
Quote by GNRmetfan1290
try some Korn

you're kidding right? sure it sounds cool, but a paraplegic baby with down's syndrome and 2 fingers on either hand could play a korn song.
Quote by madbasslover
you're kidding right? sure it sounds cool, but a paraplegic baby with down's syndrome and 2 fingers on either hand could play a korn song.

....but It sounds cool. So what's the problem?

Let's Lynch the Landlord by the Dead Kennedys

Catchiest Bassline ever.
Quote by GNRmetfan1290
try some Korn

only try korn if you have a 5-string and are feeling in the mood for somthing very easy.

On topic. After Forever, by Sabbath, is really fun to play when you get it down. Also Orion by Metallica is tons of fun.
M374L

Quote by happytimeharry
This is why I'm proud to be an American. Keep your free health care. We get free boxes...

Quickstrike of the Predacons Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!

Bass Militia's Resident Viking PM jazz_rock_feel
After forever - Black Sabbath
Sabbath Bloody Sabbath - '' ''
NIB - '' ''
The wizard - '' ''
My Generation - The Who
Running Free - Iron Maiden
Wrathchild - '' ''
Spector Legend 4 Custom
Ashton AB-2
Dunlop 105Q Crybaby
Ibanez PD7 Overdrive
SWR LA 15 (dead)
Gallien-Krueger 700RB-II
Gallien-Krueger Neo 212
Schism - Tool
The Pot - Tool
Romantic Rights - DFA1979
From Out of Nowhere - Faith No More
War Pigs - Black Sabbath
4nyth1ng By Gr33n Day Lolzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111111 Ahahha The Roxxxorrs
Its better to regret the things you did, rather than the things you didnt do.
I second Schism and The Pot. Some of the coolest basslines I've heard in a long time.
Quote by Felas_kevin
4nyth1ng By Gr33n Day Lolzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111111 Ahahha The Roxxxorrs
Actually Mike has some pretty cool basslines. And even so you can make his basslines harder
Gear:

Crappy Samick Guitar
4x12 Cabinet
Guitar Rig 2
Computer
Peavey Bass
Bass Master 200 Watt bass amp
Schism, The Pot, Disposition, Opiate, Reflection (all by Tool)
Bombtrack by RATM
The Root of all Evil- Dream Theater
Evenflow- Pearl Jam

or try playing the guitar intro to Coheed and Cambria's Welcome Home on the bass, it sounds kewl

and I also second or third Orion by Metallica
You know you guys are so into metal and hard rock ! you should listen and play some other styles of music, it will help you greatly. Play some funk, some blues, some jazz.. take some classical pieces transcribed for bass and learn those. trust me, it will really help your playing.

Look up these artists and learn some of their tunes:

No Doubt
Parliament
Stone Roses
Sting/The Police
Blondie (in particular Rapture..)
Bob Marley
Charlatans
Doves
The Vines
Blue (Boys and Girls especially)

Just a few, but all have funky, catchy basslines that you wouldnt think to normally play.
dude, I play a lot of Stu Hamm, Jaco etc... metal and hard rock is what I mostly play, but I do dabble in other areas... I've learned a lot of basement jaxx bass stuff, and jamiroquai... I even learned how to play the bass and vocal line to wonderful tonight by eric clapton
*can't beat good old polyrhythms*
I'm too lazy to come up with a new list so I'll post the same exact thing I posted in the other thread that is almost the same exact thing as this thread anyway...maybe I'll add a few songs...

Take the Power Back by Rage Against the Machine
Schism by Tool
Soul To Squeeze by Red Hot Chilli Peppers
Severed by Mudvayne
Forty Six and 2 by Tool
Master of Puppets by Metallica
Longview by Greenday
Rearrange by Limp Bizkit
Creep by Radiohead
Paranoid Android by Radiohead
Sober by Tool

And if you're feeling brave try these
Scarified by Racer X (really fun song to play once you get most of it down)
Jerry Was a Racecar Driver by Primus, (Its helped me develop a decent tapping technique)
or Aeroplane by Red Hot Chilli Peppers, (not too hard but it has a great slapbass part that takes a while to learn)
Portrait of Tracy by Jaco Pastorius
Classical Thump by Victor Wooten, (I can only play like the first 10 measures, I cant do triplets with my thumb yet... )
"All matter is merely energy condensed into a slow vibration and we're all one consciousness experiencing ourselves subjectively, theres no such thing as death, life is just a dream and we're the imagination of ourselves."
Last edited by XeNoCiDe730 at Jun 14, 2006,
Can anyone give me the correct tab on "carousel" by blink 182?

I know it's in the index of tabs but the one that had 50 votes for 5 stars doesn't show anything for me...So if anyone could PM or post the tabs here, I'd greatly appriciate it
Quote by yawn
Don't type in all caps.

Otherwise You Look Like A Complete Moron.

Quote by jazz_rock_feel
1) Bold print. Reason? Y/N?
Quote by XeNoCiDe730

Classical Thump by Victor Wooten, (I can only play like the first 10 measures, I cant do triplets with my thumb yet... )

thumb down on the open string and make sure your thumb goes under the string, hammer on the note, and then pluck back up with your tumb. practice it very slowly in scale patterns and what not playing triplets, and gradually increase speed.

my problem with classical thump is that by the 50th measure or so, i start to get cramped up. i just dont have the physical strength in my arm to play it all the way through yet
Quote by Mr. T
"Mr. T defines love as the reluctance to murder. If you're still alive, it's because Mr. T loves you."
Quote by crazypeanutman
thumb down on the open string and make sure your thumb goes under the string, hammer on the note, and then pluck back up with your tumb. practice it very slowly in scale patterns and what not playing triplets, and gradually increase speed.

that explains it

Thats the double thumping technique that Wootens famous for right?...I've never seen him do it so I had trouble figuring out the triplets part...I'm gonna go practice it now...
"All matter is merely energy condensed into a slow vibration and we're all one consciousness experiencing ourselves subjectively, theres no such thing as death, life is just a dream and we're the imagination of ourselves."
Last edited by XeNoCiDe730 at Jun 15, 2006,
for super technique i would recommed symphony X-sea of lies,pharoh,damnation game.out of the ashes. \m/