Ive recently become fascinated with strats. So, im looking to maybe make one my second guitar in the future. Right now im just doind research, and picking out a couple, and go try them out. Im looking for these specifics.....

- Brown Sunburst finish

- A fretboard that isnt the light brown on alot of Fender's, maybe something darker brown.

- Basic Tremolo system (not a Floyd Rose or double locking)

- White pickguard
^^ Yeah that one is nice, I like the tobacco and darker bursts, if you guys could find me one that fits those specs, id greatly appreciate it.
I may spend a little more, but I love the look of the dark brown-tobacco burst Strat
Yea get the American strat, it comes in ur specifications i believe
Member #5 of the I <3 Schecter's Club-PM Schecter-06 to join
"Member of the Guitarists that wished they could sing because they would make fantastic frontmen club"-Pm Davidian to join
Consider G&L also, great guitars made by the man who made Fender.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
Quote by Guitaraphone06
Yea get the American strat, it comes in ur specifications i believe

Links?
American strat=same thing as a mexi but add $500
Only get an ameri if youre really serious about guitar
theres nothing wrong with the mexi strat version. You wont get the american tone, but that can be fixed with about $150. It would be cheaper to go that route rather than buy the american version. I would just buy the mexican strat version and mod the pick ups.
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
I saw Pantera live once, Dime changed into a body bag right there on stage.

Links people!

I think the local guitar shop where I go for lessons carry Fender's, and I think ive seen one similar to what I want, but prob. expensive as hell
Quote by TJM2482
Links people!

I think the local guitar shop where I go for lessons carry Fender's, and I think ive seen one similar to what I want, but prob. expensive as hell

Heres a pic of the American I was telling u about, seems to be exactly wat u are looking for. Heres the link:http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-American-Stratocaster-Electric-Guitar?sku=510590
Attachments:
st43_3ts_r_horiz.jpg
"Member of the Guitarists that wished they could sing because they would make fantastic frontmen club"-Pm Davidian to join
If u cant save up for it then take their advice and get a Mexican, but personally I would save up for an American strat
Quote by Guitaraphone06
If u cant save up for it then take their advice and get a Mexican, but personally I would save up for an American strat

Unless youre gigging professionally I don't see the need to spend 1000+ on a strat. Go with the mexicans, and put some new pickups in.
ur only "specification" was color. it's ok, i love to look at strats too, but
there are other things to consider.

pickup sound, do u want S1 switching, did u want a humbucker bridge, 2 point or 6 point trem?

i like the tobacco burst also.
i think u can also get that color in a MIJ.

and i suggest u look thru this site.
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/StratAMM3SB/

not necessarily to buy. the up close pictures are excellent. just go on the site and look up stratocasters. the color differences can be very subtle in some pics.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Last edited by jj1565 at Jun 12, 2006,
Oooo yea, you could get a Japanese Strat, they're amazing for the price, shouldn't be over $1000, and are on par with USA Strats.
Maybe look for a used (or new, I'm not sure on the price tho...) Japanese '62 Reissue Strat, very, very nice guitars.
And... they have the neck and finish you want.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30