good guitars?

from what i read they sound alright
what do you guys think any specific models you like
ovation makes basses? didnt know that.. but for a good acoustic guitar i definately wouldnt get schecter or ibanez... id get a martin or taylor, maybe a gibson.
Quote by Jackson_b
good guitars?

from what i read they sound alright
what do you guys think any specific models you like

I actually used to own an Ovation. It was nice enough, good tone, etc. The only thing I didn't like about it was that it had neck problems and the action was really high. It was like trying to play a cheese grater. Nice sound though.

I'd recommend looking in a different direction though. Try out Ovations as well, but don't get too dead set on buying one. There are a lot of nice acoustic-electric brands out there. Gibson, Martin, Taylor, all the obvious ones. Plus you can look at Alvarez, Guild, Ibanez, etc if you want to keep your costs down. It's all about what you like. Try them all.
Quote by chipsahoy
You don't like the smell of some other guy's poop? Hmmm...smells like home to me.
the EA-63 Classical Viper is great, but otherwise, I dunno, they're alright I suppose.
Quote by Hovertruck
You guys are forgetting the most important part of sounding like Alexi.
Yao Yao
I have a rounded-back Ovation with a tuner on the side. It was pretty inexpensive, and sounds good... and when you hook it up to an amp it sounds great. I'd recommend it if you're going to be playing it over an amp.
ITS A PLASTIC ACOUSTIC GUITAR!!!! That's just wrong. Sick. Sad. And Wrong. They sound like plastic guitars too. True, they have amazing feedback resistance when they're plugged in, but if you want sound, stick with all wood, mid to high end acoustics, and get a real good transducer mic or laminate pickup installed. I too recommend Martin and Taylor, but if those are a bit pricey, check out Alvarez. Just please, don't help keep Ovation in business, they have done enough damage.
Quote by RevRock
ITS A PLASTIC ACOUSTIC GUITAR!!!! That's just wrong. Sick. Sad. And Wrong. They sound like plastic guitars too. True, they have amazing feedback resistance when they're plugged in, but if you want sound, stick with all wood, mid to high end acoustics, and get a real good transducer mic or laminate pickup installed. I too recommend Martin and Taylor, but if those are a bit pricey, check out Alvarez. Just please, don't help keep Ovation in business, they have done enough damage.

Not all of their guitars are plastic-bowl-backs.
Quote by Hovertruck
You guys are forgetting the most important part of sounding like Alexi.
Yao Yao
Quote by blink-182.5
ovation makes good basses but if you want a good guitar you should try shecter or ibanez

Since when does Schecter make acoustics?
VIVA LA REVOLUTION
I have a Tangent series Ovation. I really love that guitar. No it doesn't have the BEST tone unplugged but it does sound good. It really shines when plugged into a p.a. or acoustic amp. This guitar is the low end of Ovation so if you are willing to spend more then they just get better. And to RevRock they all have wood tops and the molded back gives nice projection for how small and light they are. Do you like Parker guitars? You would be hard pressed to find better and they use new materials for necks and such.
I also play a tangent ovation. most these people have never really played ovations dont listen to what they say. It's odd at first playing one but once you get used to it you never want to play normal bodied guitars. The only problem i have with ovations is the slipping off your leg problem. And Ovations have a great neck and nice low action. Try it out but dont keep your mind set on getting ovation. try all brands in your price range.
My Gear-
Schecter 006 BlackJack
Ovation Tangent T357
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Roland Cube 60
Boss NS-2, CE-5, DS-1
DiMarzio Pedal Couplers