This would be a cool on going thread about guitars and mods you made on them and the value they hold after the transformation. Even though that wasn't the point of this, continue with it if you want.

So I have a USA Fender Standard Strat. Metallic Blue. Pearloid Pickgaurd. Black pickup covers. Black volume/tone knobs. Seymour Duncan Hotrail Pickup equipped in bridge. What's it worth? I'm trying to sell this, by the way.
Nothing. Strats suck
Quote by haveaniceday233
no im not the typical kind of guy who wants to play fall out boy and all that shi*t its pretty gay so no i wouldnt sell out

Quote by hardrock1315
Yeah, selling out totally changes your sexual preference.
I don't know, How much did you pay for the guitar and the pick ups and whatever other mods you did to it?
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
I saw Pantera live once, Dime changed into a body bag right there on stage.

Quote by kurt_cobain9
I don't know, How much did you pay for the guitar and the pick ups and whatever other mods you did to it?

The strat was pretty banged up when I got it. So I paid an easy 300. I sanded it down, gave it a new paint job. Didn't really cost me anything since I had paint lying around. Pickup covers and knobs, cant remember but I'd say about 15 bucks maybe for all of it. The Hotrail costed around 50 bucks.

No more scratches. It's as smooth as a baby's bottom.
Maybe $250. It would be worth more with the original scratched up paint job and original hardware.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Quote by Xenn99
Maybe $250. It would be worth more with the original scratched up paint job and original hardware.

Wish I would have thought of that before. Oh well, I still have the old pickup. I could easily give it the old paintjob, for face value though.
It still won't be the original paint though. That's the difference. Even if you repaint it the same color it still won't be the original factory paint.

I suggest you just keep it. You aren't going to make any money on it, so why bother? It's a good guitar, customized to your preferences. Why sell it?
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
I woud go no more than five hundred if you put the original pick up back in it.
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
I saw Pantera live once, Dime changed into a body bag right there on stage.

Shoot Id pay the retail price for an American strat thats banged up for that relic look. Btx whered you buy it at?
Amp:
Fender Blues Jr (GH1230 Celestion Speaker)
Pedals
Barber DD
Wilson WH-10 Clone
Ibanez WH10 V2

Pitchblack Tuner
Boss DD-3
Guitars: 06' Custom Fender Strat Lindy Fralin Blues Specials, Callaham Tremolo
09' Olympic White Stratocaster
Quote by The Master Plan
Shoot Id pay the retail price for an American strat thats banged up for that relic look. Btx whered you buy it at?

Got it off a man that posted an add up on Craigslist.
u can replace that pickup but its not going to help the resale, because the paint was changed.

ud be better off replacing the pup and sellling the hotrail separately for more money.

as for the guitar, u put it up on ebay wt a reserve and see what u can get for it.
if it looks good some kid will want it.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Okay. So I've got the information I need. I'm gonna put the original pickup back in. But leave the rest. Should I put a black pickup cover on it to match the rest or leave the white? Anyone want to buy it? I'm gonna put a classified in the appropriate section too, but if you're seeing this. Just send me a PM.