Ok so what if your friend broke your right hand?

how gay would that be you wouldn't be able to play the guitar.

not to mention how hard it would be to get it back to the ability it was at..

Personally he woudln't be my friend....

Edit: dude i'm sorry i meant left hand lol
Quote by Metal-X
But last time I cranked my amp up. A small bird flew by at the same time I did a pinch harmonic.... and it exploded....

Too Late
Last edited by sumfears at Jun 13, 2006,
huh?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
just dont get a cast if its not like... dangling and touching your forearm.

like now... my thumb is broken but i wont go to the doctor.
I think it would suck if you got your arm broken by any means.

Quote by Chaos Guitar
im great at sweeping but horrible at pinch harmonics

Quote by xrawrockkillsx
just dont get a cast if its not like... dangling and touching your forearm.

like now... my thumb is broken but i wont go to the doctor.

thats right, be a manly man and show those doctors that ull heal perfectly fine!

and as far as this topic goes, it really should be in the pit....

but if it was accidental (like my brother shoved me when i was 6 and i fell so hard on pavement that it split my colar bone in half) then it would be no big deal. but if he meant it...then i would get him to sign my cast and then hit him in the face as he got upclose to sign it....
Quote by sumfears
Ok so what if your friend broke your right hand?

how gay would that be you wouldn't be able to play the guitar.

not to mention how hard it would be to get it back to the ability it was at..

Personally he woudln't be my friend....

Edit: dude i'm sorry i meant left hand lol

he'd be rotting in a unmarked grave right about now as far as I'm concerned...
Quote by bassmo_part2
Embryodead even if she was the hottest thing on the planet, there are lines you just don't cross and on my side of the line we don't finger our sisters.

Official Member of the I <3 Schecter's Club, PM Schecter-06 to join
practice picking
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
I broke one of my fingers and my playing hasnt been the same since the cast came off. I shattered my pinky finger and after the cast came off it was kinda crooked so using my pinky sometimes can be kinda hard...sucks....when i try to solo but i can still riff pretty good.
Carvin Legacy
Ibanez RG 470 w/Evo's
ESP Viper
Ibanez TS9
MXR Ten-band EQ
MXR Phase 90
MXR Smart-Gate
Boss DD-3
Dime CRybaby from HELL

Microcube
I broke my left hand playing dodgeball. Yes, dodgeball. To be fair these are the rubber 4-square or kickball type of ball, and they can be thrown at pretty impressive speed (I'd guess somewhere between 60-70, conservatively). I was trying to block a thrown ball with a ball in my hand and sorta missed.

I broke the metacarpal (the small bones in your hands are all called metacarpal bones) under my pinky and wound up in a cast for a month. I was more worried about long term damage I'd cause myself by not getting it checked out than I was about not being able to play guitar for a month.

But by the end of that month I was ready to rip that damned thing off.

To the idiot who suggested "avoiding" treatment I give this bit of advice. Even if you jam your finger and there isn't a single bone break, the "shock" to the tendons in your hand can cause them to shrink and render your finger basically immovable until corrected by surgery. And the recovery time is like more than a year. So, kids, get that stuff checked out immediately... and if you can't afford it, go ahead and blame it on your employer!
pit ****...
Stop Reading My Signature

Gear:
Schecter C-1 Blackjack w/ EMG 81/85 PA2
Schecter C-1 Classic
Carvin V3m
Boss GE-7
Boss DD-3
That would be a great time for an uncalled for killing spree.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by Rancid_Misfits
this needs to be in the Pit...

agreed.

but hey, the way I see it, breaking my hand would suck, but it would only be a real issue if I had shows lined up. If not, I'd probably just spend my healing time writing lyrics and/or reading up on some music theory.

Luckily, I've never broken any bones (surprising considering how physically active I am). The worst injury I've had to my fretting hand was an awkward fall where I ended up scraping the back of my index finger on a sidewalk while traveling at a high rate of speed. ok ok I was sitting on a skateboard and my friend pushed me off a curb. whatever. but I just spent that time doing other music-related things that didn't involve fretting notes.
Banging on a trash can
Drumming on a street light
something like this actually happened to my friend...my two friends were being gay, and one sacked the other with a broom, so the one that was sacked with a broom was angry, thus, he hit my other friend with his skateboard breaking his thumb...and now he cant play guitar cause his thumb has a big metal thing around it to keep it straight...and he has to have it for 4 weeks...lé pwnd.
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
brad you smell like my hairy left nut

Quote by JorisBlack
exactly

I'd be alternate picking open strings a lot + start practicing more difficult finger picking paterns...

i was being a smartass when i said it but u really could do a lot of string skipping, and speed building exercises. Hell put the guitar in an open tuning and play a lot of slide guitar.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio