that was great, bit fast yeah but i loved the tone, whats your set up?
"Life is a waste of time, time is a waste of life.Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!" ~ Billy Connolly
Quote by yoyo9333
that was great, bit fast yeah but i loved the tone, whats your set up?

I use a Gibson Les Paul Studio through a peavey Classic 30. I don't have a Mic though so if i'm recording i'll run my LP through a Line6 Guitar Port. Recorded with Audacity.
Quote by AlpineHigh
I use a Gibson Les Paul Studio through a peavey Classic 30. I don't have a Mic though so if i'm recording i'll run my LP through a Line6 Guitar Port. Recorded with Audacity.

ha, I guess you guys aren't much for tone freaks, haha
That was unbelievable man. Rock on!
*Taylor 214ce Acoustic
*Fender Highway One Honey Blonde Strat (Fralin Pickups)
*Epiphone Zephyr Regent (Gibson '57 Humbucker)
*Vox 847 Wah
*Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
*Fender Blues Deluxe Amp
Quote by vanceboy
kinda fast...

it's okay...just wish you slowed it down a bit.

Yeah it is a little fast, i did that intentionally but in retrospect i think it should be slowed down some.. i'll be posting a finished version slowed down and with better fingerpicking at the end in a couple days
i nominate you (if there is such an award, i don't keep track of that stuff and this is just compliment on how awesome this was) for recording of the year award
Quote by Mad Marius
Because there's no point in being on the Internet of you're not gonna act like an arrogant prick.
Very good better than most of the bad stairway to heaven or teen spirit covers we get here
very good you can really hear that hendrix influece(especially in that solo) the only thing i would do to make it a bit better would be to add some effect to the solo (phaser,wah wah,octavia,univibe,tremelo etc.) 8.5/10
Quote by rooster456
Guitars will bring girlfriends. Girlfriends won't bring guitars.

Because footstools are cool UG's Classical Guitarists
pm Marmoseti or Confusius to join
You're playing and guitar skills are awesome. Your licks are cool too, really like everything.. BUT I think you miss the whole point by playing it fast - actually I think you should (once at least) try to play it slower than the CD version, because every note sounds much more important, and , I dont know it's just a feeling you know, It sounds as sad as the lyrics are, no drums, no bass, no vocals (or very quiet ones) just guitar and you. I'll try to post my version of the song soon. But as I said, your version is different of what I would do, but it sounds very good too ! Keep it up man!
Sounds really good! Skills are there would just like to hear the rest of the band.
Guitarman4040
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Seagull Acoustic
VOX AD100VT combo 2x12 + 2x12cab
Shure mics
Assortment of Pedals
Quote by Gypsy Eyed
You're playing and guitar skills are awesome. Your licks are cool too, really like everything.. BUT I think you miss the whole point by playing it fast - actually I think you should (once at least) try to play it slower than the CD version, because every note sounds much more important, and , I dont know it's just a feeling you know, It sounds as sad as the lyrics are, no drums, no bass, no vocals (or very quiet ones) just guitar and you. I'll try to post my version of the song soon. But as I said, your version is different of what I would do, but it sounds very good too ! Keep it up man!

I really appreciate the critique, i don't have a microphone or any means of making a backing track but i am working on a slowed down version, maybe acoustic? i'll post it soon

Quote by stratrocker
wow that's excellent. how long you been playing for?

Five and a half years
Quote by Csquared1001
very good you can really hear that hendrix influece(especially in that solo) the only thing i would do to make it a bit better would be to add some effect to the solo (phaser,wah wah,octavia,univibe,tremelo etc.) 8.5/10

do you have any suggestions for multi-effects pedals? i've been looking at a Boss ME-50 for a while now, i was wondering if you or anyone else knows much about them?
it's way to fast, and the main riff is jumbled, you cant distiguish the notes, play it cleaner, but the playing is decent, some of it fits, some doesnt, but the solo is fantastic

what scale did u use for the solo?
****ing **** I thought when I heard the song. It reminds me of Jimi Hendrix....The guitar solo....I can't get it out of my head. I always want to hear this song and this solo. ****ing cool playing. The picking in the end of the song does not fit....but it's a ****ing cool song!!

The speed is alright....don't have to slow down.

_______

Crit my song or leave it.

http://myspace.com/theperfectproject
Last edited by HyperFeedback at Jul 8, 2006,
Quote by Smitherz
it's way to fast, and the main riff is jumbled, you cant distiguish the notes, play it cleaner, but the playing is decent, some of it fits, some doesnt, but the solo is fantastic

what scale did u use for the solo?

just E minor pentatonic w/ a dash of some G major.. 90% pentatonic though
dude that was stellar 10/10, I was going to cover this...but now I have to think about it
Very nice cover! I have never heard the original so i cant comment on its closeness to the original but this is definitly one of the better covers i have heard on this site.
By the way thanks for the comment.
Quote by rayIII
incredible job man..

btw who's tab did you use?

the guitarpro version.. i just learned the basic outline of the song though and then added fills/solo
PEACE
wow dude, i really want to know your rig, im in love with your tone!
on a topic of how you would like to be buried...

Quote by Jacob6293
in a coffin, underground, next to my wife.

Quote by tylerishot
Me too. But only if she's alive.

Quote by BlinkrOck!
wow dude, i really want to know your rig, im in love with your tone!

lol, thanks! i run a gibson LP studio through a line6 guitar port and record with audacity.. that's about it!

if you have time check out this: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=386169 its the best tone i've achieved i think
wow i coulda sworn that was a strat
on a topic of how you would like to be buried...

Quote by Jacob6293
in a coffin, underground, next to my wife.

Quote by tylerishot
Me too. But only if she's alive.

I liked it alot, but i like the trill is gone improv better. Sounds amazing man! Keep the blues alive!
Thanx for the crit. This is Very good man...I love the tone you have. I run a peavy raptor plus exp through a line6 toneport( only about $250 here in canada) and im getting half as good a tone. As for the speed of it. I think it didn't really matter how fast it was. It was good at the speed you did it at. Btw How old are you?