Okay. You assholes better start replying to these things. I'm tired of writing them and getting 14 replies from 8 different people.

Now, I know there was a thread just started on them, but I had been meaning to write this, and that thread just reminded me to do it.

Comets on Fire

Comets on Fire are (currently):

Ethan Miller - Guitar Vocals
Noel Harmonson - Echoplex
Ben Flashman - Bass
Utrillo Kushner - Drums
Ben Chasny ? Guitar (Six Organs of Admittance)

The band that defied all genres! They decided to create one just for their selves. This band from San Francisco has been changing music as we speak. The classic-rock influenced noise jams are something to be admired.

The band was started by Ethan Miller and Ben Flashman in 1999 with the intent to be free of commercial pretensions or genre trend. As a result we have the loud, bombast, noisy beauty that is Comets on Fire. They released their self titled debut on there own in 2001, only to have it reissued by Jello Biafra?s label, Alternative Tentacles. In 2002, they released Field Recordings from the Sun on Ba Da Bing! They then released Blue Cathedral on Sub Pop.
(Invalid img)

Comets on Fire?s live shows are amazing. The energy is non-stop, the music is loud, and the crowd is crazy. From Ethan?s yelling, to the rockage of the Echoplex, to the freak out jams, you will not be disappointed. Go see them if you have the chance!

Songs:

Got a Feelin?
Ghost of the Cosmos

Links:

Comets on Fire
Myspace
Last edited by DorkusMalorkus at Jun 13, 2006,
i tried so hard when blue cathedral came out because of all the press. but i couldn't listen to the whole thing, i had to turn it off.

and there's a reply, you didn't say it had to be pretty.
I really enjoyed 'Blue cathedral' when it came out - ' The Bee and the Cracking Egg' was the first track on my mix tape I used for my journeys to Uni in my first year - and did get quite a few listens, but it didn't last very long and it soon got hidden amongst the rest of my records. I'm looking forward to hearing the new one though.

EDIT: Oh, and I noticed you linked to yousendit, anyone else having problems with that site since it has re-vamped? I got an e-mail from someone today and I can't get the track for some reason, it just re-loads the page.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
When I uploaded it, I didn't have a problem, when I tried uploading another it wouldn't work...

Thanks for the sticky..
i really enjoyed 'got a feelin', the effects were pretty cool and the music wasn't anything too special but i enjoyed it none the less. i might pick something up if i see it.

good job
rites of nothing.
Great, great band. One of my favorite bands I've come across in quite awhile. I may have to break down and pick up Blue Cathedral, I've been meaning to for a good while now. Nice work on the BOTWIFLI.
Quote by DorkusMalorkus
When I uploaded it, I didn't have a problem, when I tried uploading another it wouldn't work...

Thanks for the sticky..

Ah, maybe it was a glitch for a while then... Hmmmm

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
i took a listen to their stuff on myspace and i like what i hear, but not like loads :/ if you get what i mean.
the vocals kinda scare me.
Quote by Kensai
Maybe you've heard what the ladies say: "Once you go 77mm you don't go back"
I like the vocals. They are loud and 'scary', but everyone needs a little of that...at least I do, and CoF really fills that bill.

Quote by andrewbiles
Ah, maybe it was a glitch for a while then... Hmmmm
Yeah, I found it really odd. I'm going to try to upload more now.

I got one more up, but after that it stopped working again...
Last edited by DorkusMalorkus at Jun 13, 2006,
i liked what i heard.

can someone explain what's an echoplex?
the heart is a risky fuel to burn
^ It's something about multiple echoes combining over one another. I think a basic example would be when people record one guitar line in, then have it loop (like an echo) and then play something underneath it and then doing that multiple times. That's what I've understood it to be anyway, but more free flowing so it's like note after note rather than a long sequence.

RateYourMusic
Quote by pixiesfanyo
oic. you close my thread on Comets on Fire and than sticky this.

dat hrts.

I mentioned your thread! I had been meaning to make this for a while, and I then your thread reminded me.
im so into this kind of music, makes me wanna make some noise (uau) ._.
Wow...I got 14 replies from 8 different people, just like I said....
Last edited by DorkusMalorkus at Jun 19, 2006,
don t you mean.. 14 replies from 8 different people
I saw this album in HMV t'other day and was tempted to pick it up, but I picked up Orko's album instead. Kinda glad I did, not too keen on the MySpace stuff.

I really like the way you've done this AOTW though, simple, short and to the point.