hey yall. right now my gear is as follows:
Ibanez SZ320(Seymour Duncan JB, Grover Locking Tuners)
Schecter C-1 Plus
Digitech Multi-Voice Chorus Pedal
Digitech Metal Master Distortion Pedal
Crate GT212

im starting to get tired of the JB in my SZ with its awful clean and trebellyness. so im going to drop a PRS Tremonti Trebial pick up in the bridge to replace the JB. and ive also been looking for a wah for awhile. im interested in the Morley Mark Tremonti sig. wah and from what ive heard from sound clips, its amazing. just want to hear yalls opinions on the pickup and the wah. any other feedback would be great.
dont try to be mark tremonti. no matter what you do there will only be one mark tremonti instead of following his footsteps, step away and try to get your own unique sound.
Quote by danilo19
dont try to be mark tremonti. no matter what you do there will only be one mark tremonti instead of following his footsteps, step away and try to get your own unique sound.

im not trying to be mark tremonti. im just trying to improve my gear and tone with better equiptment. and they just happen to be mark tremonti's signature stuff. besides the title was kinda a joke casue both upgrades are his signature stuff.
ive got a JB/59 set in my SZ320 and im happy with it. yeah the JB has bad clean but i dont think its too trebelly. i think its the fact that youre using that digitech pedal, which is a digital distortion. digital pedals usually have a thinner sound and can sound too trebelly. personally i dont see the need cause a lot of good bands use the JB. the guy from Arch Enemy uses the JB and he has kick ass tone. i bet if you plugged into a better amp you'd hear the difference. but if you want to change it to the tremonti, go for it. and the tremonti kicks ass. i lve the feature where you just put your foot on it and it activates.
Ibanez SZ320 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/59 set
Ibanez S470
Crate XT120
The wah is awesome. I know that much. It has built-in distortion, so you get that really hot wah-wah action. You don't have to click it to activate it either. It's pretty expensive though. All signature wahs are.

The pickup is supposed to be really good too, but I suspect you can get something just as good for less.

Mark plays with Mesa Boogie custom amps, so you can forget getting his exact tone without spending a bajillion bucks. He also uses a $300 Taruas overdrive pedal, which is what gives him that warm distortion tone.

As far as playing like Mark, be ready to use the D major scale. A LOT.
what happened to the proposed Kirk Hammett flamenco album?

His acoustic didn't sound good with wah pedal, I suppose.
yeah those pickups are supposed to be the absolute best from PRS. im personally hoping to gt his signiture guitar for christmas(but ill haveto throw in some money)
DoubleDay-hell yeah he uses D a lot!! its almost every one of his songs i think
#64 in the Alter Bridge rocks club!

LTD MH-400
Line 6 Uber Metal
Line 6 Echo Park
Peavey Valveking 112
Quote by f0rs@k3n21
try this wah out
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Dunlop-Jimi-Hendrix-WahWah-Effects-Pedal?sku=151213

im thinking of buying it too and it might be your starting step away from mark tremonti who is an amazing guitarist cant w8 for alter's next album..... listen to the heavy wah on the page... i love tremonti's work so u and i prob have same tastes so check it out

i dont know man, ive tried quite a few dunlop's and havent really found anything i really like. and you cant trust those sound clips, hell they make the MG half stack sound good and we all know how crappy that is. but i guess ill try it out next time i go to guitar center.
Quote by ibanez4life SZ!
But you can make your own sound with similar gear.....

You know I back the stuff! Amazing! What I have found....nothing that is in Tremonti's rig is crap....it's all amazing.

yeh especially that klon centaur overdrive pedal. ive had a couple of chances to buy one but just didnt have the money. heres his rig http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlFoVeHnTs8&search=mark%20tremonti
Quote by azn_guitarist25
yeh especially that klon centaur overdrive pedal. ive had a couple of chances to buy one but just didnt have the money. heres his rig http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlFoVeHnTs8&search=mark%20tremonti

hey man thanks for the tremonti rig link, really cool. and i tried out his eq setting on his rectifier on my amp and it sounds a lot better. it got rid of that nast trebelly sound i get cause of the JB. only bad thing though is its less out put but thats easily solved but the volume knob.