Hey,

I am most of the way done with installing my EMG pickups. However, a few wiring issues are confusing me.

First, I see I have a red wire on my 3 way switch. Where does that go? I do see that the red wires from the pickups connect with the red on the battery...but I'm not sure about the switch.

Second, do I need to use the bridge ground with my EMGs?

JB
1999 Taylor 410 Bearclaw
2006 Agile AL-3000
2006 Schecter S-1 Blackjack
the red wire on the EMG's ONLY connects between the pickups and the battery, do not connect it to the switch. The guitar cable plugs into the stereo jack EMG suppliies, and it completes the ground and turns on the circuit. You have to figure out the pin outs and type of switch if you want to determine where the stocke wires went.

No, you no not need a bridge ground, they tell you in the instructions NOT to hook it up.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
..dude i would suggest taking to a shop and paying the 50 bucks........so you wont have to pay for a set of emgs to replace the ones you fried....

im serious...
Stop Reading My Signature

Gear:
Schecter C-1 Blackjack w/ EMG 81/85 PA2
Schecter C-1 Classic
Carvin V3m
Boss GE-7
Boss DD-3
Quote by numbfinger
..dude i would suggest taking to a shop and paying the 50 bucks........so you wont have to pay for a set of emgs to replace the ones you fried....

im serious...
Eeejit. Eeejit of all eeejits.

What type of switch is it?
And you don't need to ground the bridge with actives.
These go to eleven...
Yea NVM about the ground lol...

I have both pickups working individually...separating and conecting (Testing). I just need to get this dang switch, so I can finish this. It really isn't that hard.

From the output jack I have the white wire. I know whatever volume knob I plug this into...that pickup works. However...I can't figure out what wire to connect to on the switch, I don't want to fry the dang pickups.

Switch setups...

Two white wires, one is longer than the other.
1 red wire (not EMG...my switch lol).
1 thick bare wire.

**observation - I did notice that the white wires were on the sides of the switch...and the red in the middle (both pickups)

JB
1999 Taylor 410 Bearclaw
2006 Agile AL-3000
One volume? Or two? The switch has three terminals, the middle is the common, meaning the wire from the output jack or the volume (depending on the number of volumes you have) connects to that. The terminals either side of the common should go to each pickup or each pickup's volume (again, depending on how many volumes).

Edit: Ok, reading your post more carefully, it looks like you have individual volumes. so take the jack to the middle terminal, and the terminals either side to each volume.
These go to eleven...
Last edited by JimPlaysGuitar at Jun 13, 2006,
I got it...it took 3 different combinations, but I finally got the right one. Tuned her up and she sounds great. I ended up with a master volume setting...thats alright for me.

Saved me a good $50 or so.

Thanks for the input guys

JB
1999 Taylor 410 Bearclaw
2006 Agile AL-3000