Hey guys,
Sorry for the usual "which amp" thread, but I'm pretty new at electric guitar and was wondering which would be the amp to get for their respective prices; the Roland Cube 15W or the Marshall 15W. Or, if these aren't too great, could you guys recommend me better ones for $110 or less? Thanks in advance!

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Roland-Cube-15-1x8-15W-Guitar-Combo-Amp?sku=480022

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Marshall-MG15CD-15-Watt-Combo?sku=482799
Last edited by HeavenZKnight at Jun 13, 2006,
Hey I have the same question. Im looking for a new amp around 400 bucks, 2 speakers if possible. The best solid state you can reccomend me. Im looking for a good metal distortion and a nice clean channel.
Any Suggestions Please
to the thread starter, get the roland
New tracks on my profile! Please check them out and see what you think!
Quote by Stygian Sins
I have that Marshall.. Its really nice.. if you decide to get it.. you wont be sorry!

Wrong.

The MG sounds terrible. The distortion is thin, and the cleans are horrid.They have a huge history of breaking, and just suck.

The roland, on the other hand, is an amazing amp.

Its like you have the best possible choice and the worst possible choice.

If you get the Cube, you will love it, if you get the MG, you will want to stab yourself.
Alrighty, thanks think, vai, and fluffy for your input! looks like im going for the Roland one O, n think11270, when's the next time you play around modesto/stockton? I go to UOP, which is in stockton, so it would be cool to see Dead October play.
O geez...this may seem like a pretty stupid question, but should I get a 1 yr warranty for it...for 9 dollars?
Quote by HeavenZKnight
O geez...this may seem like a pretty stupid question, but should I get a 1 yr warranty for it...for 9 dollars?

yes it would be probably be for the better, it'll cover any thing that happens to the amp (eg blown fuses, fading out etc etc) and 9 dollars is a lot cheaper than having to pay for repairs since repairs are very costly these days
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM