Page 1 of 12
zacky vengeance
Quote by sonixon
I'll say.
They were originally going make Claudio a part of Mount Rushmore, but the material was not tough enough to sculpt his hair out of.

Quote by thefinalcut
"St. Anger" was done in Drop Z tuning, they were trying to "out heavy" Slipknot.
we have had this thread before by the way.
But according to me its ummm prolly Zakk Wylde.I like his playing a lot but i just think hes quite over rated.
Herman Li or Daron Malakian, I like both of their works, but lets face it they are both hugely overrated.
Randy Rhoads. That's just my opinion. He didn't get to do enough to be considered great.
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
People don't like Dave Mustaine because he created something that owned Metallica in just about every single aspect of thrash metal.

it's true
Quote by maroon5mustdie
EVH. I saw him in concert. And his brother was seriously the worst bass player I've ever seen.

LMAO haha
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
People don't like Dave Mustaine because he created something that owned Metallica in just about every single aspect of thrash metal.

it's true
hmm even though i love zakk id have to agree with pommegrenade its a little rediculous to see him on the cover of every effing magazine i mean hes not that good hes just whats left of the undignified scrap of toilet paper left on the roll that metal has become.... umm yeah but my vote would have to go for alexie laiho
I think Blizzard Of Ozz was good enough to show how great he was .

Well, i think, those 2 guys from A7X are overrated to ****.

Zakk Wylde - dont get me wrong he is pretty decent, but his songs/solos sound identical.

Angus Young - I will give him credit that he inspired lots of players, but i think most of his stuff just sounds identical to every song.
Yngwie Malmsteen is totally over rated.
I Survived The "Silent Deftone Cocksucking Forum"!-August 15th, 2006
Last edited by dez_cole at Jun 13, 2006,
Quote by dez_cole
I forget the spelling but "Yegnie Malemsteen" is kinda what its soposed to be. Anyway he's overrated.

Thats not even close to Yngwie Malmsteen
Quote by Celticknife
Thats not even close to Yngwie Malmsteen
Thanks I'll change it. Anyway he's so overrated it doesnt deserve correct spelling nor anything I write.(cause i can't spell)
Kirk Hammett, i love metallica to death, but live he's sloppy, and just about everyone with 2 years expericen can play any of his solos after and justice for all. Take his wah away for god sake too.

Mick thompson, kurt cobain, frusciante, A7X, Daron Malakian...i'll think of others as soon as i post this...
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by MESAexplorer
Kirk Hammett, i love metallica to death, but live he's sloppy, and just about everyone with 2 years expericen can play any of his solos after and justice for all. Take his wah away for god sake too.

Holy crap, I can't beleive I forgot Hammett, thanks for reminding me.
Quote by dez_cole
Thanks I'll change it. Anyway he's so overrated it doesnt deserve correct spelling nor anything I write.(cause i can't spell)

And you think you can keep up with him...HAHA, give him credit, he's a great guitarist, not the best, but i'd give a nut to do sweeps and play neoclassical like him.

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by MESAexplorer
And you think you can keep up with him...HAHA, give him credit, he's a great guitarist, not the best, but i'd give a nut to do sweeps and play neoclassical like him.

That is totally true but almost every song of his sucks with amazing solos on top and everyone I know that plays guitar talks about him like he's Jesus.
And there is no way in hell i can keep up with him but he's still over rated.
EDIT: I corrected the spelling just for you MESAexplorer.
Last edited by dez_cole at Jun 13, 2006,
Jimmy Page, Angus Young, Ted Nugent, BB King, Kurt Cobain, Pete Townshend, Billie Joe Armstrong, Michael Angelo Batio.

Hah wtf Yngwie? He's pretty damn good. I think he knows a ****ing lot about music. He does tend to repeat the same sweeps just in different ways. I wouldn't say he's overrated.

myspace.com/weasheroesband
Someone'll shoot me for this for sure. But I'd say Jimi Hendrix, yes he's a pioneer, but sheer skill isssssn't thaaaat great. He's a good song writer, but I think he just has emotion carrying him as a guitarist. And Yngwie... bleh...

And I agree, TAKE HAMMET'S WAH AWAY!!! He relies on it toooooooo much...
Quote by dez_cole
That is totally true but almost every song of his sucks with amazing solos on top and everyone I know that plays guitar talks about him like he's Jesus.

All of his stuff around rising force time period is good. Black star, Wield my sword, arpeggios from hell good. i'll see teh light tonite, you don't remeber, ill never forget, queen in love (trilogy, odyssey is gay)

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by demiphoenix
Someone'll shoot me for this for sure. But I'd say Jimi Hendrix, yes he's a pioneer, but sheer skill isssssn't thaaaat great.

Agreed.
formerly: lil key key and before that green_jello
How can you say Yngwie is over-rated. He has one of the most amazing techniques out. He was a pioneer for shred.

My opinion of the most over-rated guitarist would have to be Angus Young. Im an Aussie and i cant stand him........ Everyone gives him soo much credit but you look at his solos n think hmm......
Emotion is what music is all about. The highest skill a musician can have is to be able to use music to trigger an emotion in the audience, and to communicate to them what they feel inside of them. I beleive that is the ultimate goal of music, and all creative endevours.

Most overrated guitarist? I'm gonna go with the guy from Wolfmother.
Quote by TyphoidSpider
Most overrated guitarist? I'm gonna go with the guy from Wolfmother.

Hahaha he certainly looks the part for being a good guitarist doesn't he? Are there any guitar solos in their songs anyway?

Hard to say who the most overrated guitarist is.
Someone mentioned Pete Townshend, and I guess I hear alot about how good he is/was and yet have never heard anything really impressive from him. Sure, quite a few well known riffs, but not much else.
Quote by cabbaman98
seriously its obv 'the Edge'. he can write some good stuff but none of it is particulalry amazing.
yay

I'm pretty sure U2 has a fully different philosophy on that kinda thing. To boot I'd say the instrumentation on Joshua Tree is flat out ridiculous. In a subtle way.

The problem with everyone (except me!) is that they have no appreciation for subtlety. Unfortunately I just stated that about as ironically as I possibly could. And I do not intend to change it now, after reading it and laughing.
Jeff Loomis from Nevermore. At first i tought he was awesome but the the solos start to sound the same after a while and they use the same normal time to half time to normal time drumming cycles in most of the solos.
Take Jesus not drugs.
i think that its funny that the person would put the 1st response to this would talk crap about zacky vengeance when hes a green day fan, billy joe is the absolute most overrated guitarist in the world, zacky writes alot of the technical party to the harmonies and riffs so get it straight son
Overated... Jimi Hendrix....
They Call Me The Hunter...That's My Name....THEY CALL ME THE HUNTER...That's How I Got My Fame.

Don't make me or I'll you...Well...Not really... :
?^? ?(?¿?)? ?^?...
Quote by ias05
i think that its funny that the person would put the 1st response to this would talk crap about zacky vengeance when hes a green day fan, billy joe is the absolute most overrated guitarist in the world, zacky writes alot of the technical party to the harmonies and riffs so get it straight son

um... did anyone understand this?

but on the subject of zacky his guitar work is sloppy at best and he is full of gimmicks... and he is definitely not metal...

my list billy joe, tom delonge, kurt cobain, and angus young (malcolm is the genious behind ac/dc)
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
Quote by maroon5mustdie
How can Kurt Cobain and Billie Joe Armstrong be overrated when everyone already knows they suck?

because they arent about technical difficulty doesnt mean they suck, just means they choose not to "show off".. more about just serving the song
Quote by maroon5mustdie
How can Kurt Cobain and Billie Joe Armstrong be overrated when everyone already knows they suck?

Because all the little hip teeny boppers think they're the best set of fingers to ever grace the fretboard.
Quote by Vornik
There's nothing illogical about slavery.