Hi, today i got a new pedal a RP 80 and i was wondering if this was a good choice this is the first pedal i own and firstly wanted a Wah but the dude in the shop said a RP 80 was better because it came with Wah and many other effects and would save me tones of money than just buying them singly. i was wondering is it a good Pedal or did i just blow the money on sh*t?
it's alright... buying seperate effects sounds better, but on the other hand you get a lot for the price even if the sounds aren't great.
the effects dont sound great..but there a good learning tool....if it has the expression pedal its was a decent purchase..if not than no
Stop Reading My Signature

Gear:
Schecter C-1 Blackjack w/ EMG 81/85 PA2
Schecter C-1 Classic
Carvin V3m
Boss GE-7
Boss DD-3
It did have the expression pedal with it.

If you listen to the song Can't Get my Hed around you by the Offspring i believe he uses a wah pedal but mine doesnt sound like that what does he do for it to sound like that?
the wah on the rp is crap...but you learn how to use one with it........

idk what offspring uses.....try here www.yahoo.com
Stop Reading My Signature

Gear:
Schecter C-1 Blackjack w/ EMG 81/85 PA2
Schecter C-1 Classic
Carvin V3m
Boss GE-7
Boss DD-3
Tip 1: Never listen to guitar store staff, they usually want to sell you stuff from their store and give you bull**** stories about how they save you money and **** like that. This is from personal experience. I know because i talk to guitar shop salesmen at my local guitar store. MOst i am friends with and most say that they feed customers bull**** about how the product will save you money and will do the job for gigging, high gain, whatever your demands are. The RP-80 is a decent purchase, but in the future, listen to an unbiased source like UG first. Because they will try and screw you over. I experimented with this once, went into a foreign guitar store and asked for a 50 watt tube amp, pretending i was naive about it. He tried to sell me a Behringer solid-state half stack, then a MG halfstack when i tried it and said ai didnt like it. He said "its Marshall, you know its good quality".

Tip 2: Buy single effects no matter the cost, the benefits are so much better, multi-effects are scrappy unless it is a 2000 dollar effects board, which you could afford ample amount of stompboxes anyway. The single effects gives you much more room to tweak for your favourite sound and more variety.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
So should i take it back and buy the effects individually? The only effects im really after are Wah, Distortian, Phaser and Mild Flanger.
Hi, can anybody help me? I have a GT-8 Boss multiple effects and have been tweaking in desperation to get a bluesy sound out of it. I'm using a fender strat and a 60 watt Laney Amp with a flat setting. The output from the GT-8 seems to sound a bit sharp and not so fat. Can anybody give me a tip on the setting?
use a tweed 4x10 cab (if it has one). use an amp like the blackface or tweed. more mid and bass in the EQing. use a comp to really boost it. and of course, some spring reverb.
Quote by Shredlet
So should i take it back and buy the effects individually? The only effects im really after are Wah, Distortian, Phaser and Mild Flanger.

probably would be better for you. YOu will be able to get the sound you want. Wah=Dunlop Crybaby or Vox, but u probably would like a DUnlopp more, a 535Q, Distortion, hell i dont know, there are many, but an Overdrive would probably be better than a Distortion, go an Ibanez Tubescreamer. Phaser=MXR Phase 90, dont ask any questions, by far the best phaser out there. Flangers are pretty much considered obsolete by phasers anyway, so you probably dont need a flanger, instead get a delay, youll like it, i guarantee it.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM