hey. i'm sorry i really am. i should know better.

anyway its my birthday in a few weeks. so.....i want a new bridge pickup for my RG. i want something with a nice thrash metal tone (think trivium, megadeth and metallica) a nice rock tone (think black sails era afi) and a good solo tone (think paul gilberts tone on technical difficulties).

so i would love to fork out for BK's. but it only my birthday. i think i'll have a budget of about $150 Australian. so, off Ebay, these are what i was looking at
- Bill Lawerance L-500
-Seymour Duncan JB
-Seymour Duncan Distortion
-Swineshead Venom
-Swineshead X-Bucker

i currently have a Marshall DSL401 Combo and a Ibanez RG370DX.

its about the same price for all of those pickups over here.

i mostly play metal, alot of thrash lately. i just feel that the tone on my RG is a bit thin.

I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
EMG 81 is what trivium/metallica use, and Dave mustaine just released a set of active SD's, so I would recommend goin with active pickups
Fender Jim Root Signature Telecaster
Martin Westside Custom Edition
Peavey 6505
Peavey XXX Cab
ISP Decimator Prorack G
Sennheiser EW172 G3
Sennheiser wireless IEM
Ibanez TS9DX
Boss TU-2 Tuner
MY BAND:
http://www.myspace.com/thedirtyyouth
yeah but mustaine always used Jb's.
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
from the sounds of things (the soundclips), I'd look into the venom. It might be what you want- I think the xbucker might be too bassy and modern-sounding for thrash.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?