is the super overdrive (SD-1) pedal by boss any good?? cause im thinking of buying it
.(....\................/....)
. \....\............. /..../
...\....\.........../..../
....\..../´¯.l.¯`\..../
..../... l....l....(¯ `\
...l......l....l.....\....\
...l......l´¯.l´¯.l \....\
...\......` ¯..¯ ´......?
....\__________.?
Zakk Wylde and other countless pro guitarists use it...that should answer your question
Quote by Johnljones7443
Why can't we joke about Dimes death?

Quote by Smidge
black.
those lacy hotpant type thingies
Yea its a really cool pedal, assuming that your intending to overdrive a tube amp, because thats all its really good for, you will get the most out of it if its put in front of the gain channel on a tube amp
ok, damn, my amp is a solid state i think. what overdrive pedal is good then??
.(....\................/....)
. \....\............. /..../
...\....\.........../..../
....\..../´¯.l.¯`\..../
..../... l....l....(¯ `\
...l......l....l.....\....\
...l......l´¯.l´¯.l \....\
...\......` ¯..¯ ´......?
....\__________.?
i have the BOSS super overdrive pedal. Its a good pedal i think.
T0/<e

Quote by danilo19
randomly yell "freebird!" then the rednecks will like you.

respect

Quote by cnorthern
If a girl is playing guitar......she is likely a dude in drag.
if your going for a boss overdrive i suggest you go for the OD-3 because the SD-1 is too thin and fizzy sounding and on the other hand the OD-3 has lovely warm overdrive
It won't sound too heavenly with a solid state.

A Boss Blues Driver usually works thru solid states, obv not as well as it would with a valve amp tho, if that's got the kind of sounds you want...
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Its a good pedal
Member #5 of the I <3 Schecter's Club-PM Schecter-06 to join
"Member of the Guitarists that wished they could sing because they would make fantastic frontmen club"-Pm Davidian to join
It won't be bad at all with a solid state amp - naturally a tube amp sounds better whatever but it's pretty good. It's basically the same as a tubescreamer (pretty much all overdrives are) but with a different character because it doesn't clip the peaks and the troughs of the signal equally.

What kind of music are you hoping to use it for?
It depends what you use it for. If it's your main source of distortion/overdrive, it probably won't sound too great. But if you use it how it's meant, to boost an already distorted signal, it'll sound good.
Quote by Chaos Guitar
im great at sweeping but horrible at pinch harmonics

Quote by GuitarSacrifice
ok, damn, my amp is a solid state i think. what overdrive pedal is good then??

None. Overdrive plus solid state is not a good combination. The OD is not intended to be used as a sole-source of distortion except for light blues, perhaps. Overdrive pushes a tube amp's preamp tubes into overdrive sooner by boosting the signal. This can give a tube amp a nice boost for a bluesy purr (on a clean channel) or give the amp a nive crunch boost on the drive channel.

On a SS amp, it can have a similar effect on a clean channel. But on the drive channel, it just causes the input transistors to clip and make noise. If you want a pedal as your source of distortion, look at a distortion pedal.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
On a ss amp, turn drive all the way up or thereabouts and control the sound with the tone and it sounds good IMO. It depends what you want though.

Most people just use them as a boost for tube amps, keeping drive low and the volume up.