I own a standard squier telecaster and I was wondering how I can make it produce a heavy, more metal-ish sound? Pickups? Amp? Both?

Thank you.
Fender Lite Ash Tele/Hamer SATF<--Korg DT-10<Zvex Super Hard On<Digitech Bad Monkey<MI Audio Crunchbox<Pro Co "Keeley" Rat<Line 6 M13<<--Marshall JTM60 1x12 Combo
set it on the bridge pickup, almost maxed bass, maxed treble, mids halfopen or less than half, no reverb. Tone knob at 8ish and there you go.

Of course if you want to....spend money, look at what wood your tele is made of, see if its not a hopeless case, if not: pickup switch+new amp. If yes: either get yourself a better quality tele or buy a new amp and cross your fingers.

But god knows I get a decent metal tone out of my Yamaha Pacifica 102s Tele.
you could have a look at the single coil sized humbuckers for a more fuller tone, i think seymour duncan do a nice one
yah dude i'm having the same problem. of course it helped a lot when i added a BOSS DS-1 pedal. Sounded much heavier with it. Now if i could only find an amp to give me the sound, with good distortion(punk/heavy) but still gives me the ability to play with the tele sound. Anybody got any ideas?
well i cant afford a lot, college is a bia. too much cerveza. lol. but anywhere around 500. im willing to give or take a few obviously if worth the dollar. Any suggestions? What do you say about starting around Fender to get the distortion?
One very easy and cheap mod is to change the pots. Your guitar will probably have 500k pots, so it will take away some brightness from the tone if you replace them with 250k ones.
Quote by hmmm_de_hum
you could have a look at the single coil sized humbuckers for a more fuller tone, i think seymour duncan do a nice one

Yeah they do, I have a SD Hotrail, it's a very nice full tone.
in a tele, its more like a fuller tele tone.
a better swap would be getting a full sized humbucker in there.

hankey cant he also take change the capacitor?

and yeah, amp amp amp.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011