Yep! My a string is really buzzy at the 12th fret and my g strings kinda chims when played open. What's up? A friend thinks in might be the neck and the truss rod needs adjusting. Any ideas?
look at your A-string right where it floats above the 12th fret bar. does it bend up a little bit? if so then you need to change it. i have no clue about the G-string problem.
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
It's not the string cause I change them on a regular basis. Something with the neck/intonation or my guitar just hates me.
sometimes when i play my g string open it makes a faint harmonic
Muddy Waters invented electricity.
raise the action at the bridge.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565
raise the action at the bridge.

That's what I thought but the actions been the same level since I've had the guitar so this is a new problem.
its the truss rod. if that does not work then take off the strings and file the twelth fret down about 2 milimeters
The Fool Doth Think He Is Wise, But The Wise Man Knows Himself To Be A Fool

I travel the universe fighting evil with the power of triangles, Im also a part time guitar hero
Quote by thegreensquall
sometimes when i play my g string open it makes a faint harmonic

every time i play ANY note on my martin i hear LOUD harmonics. its overtones man! but yes, raise it ay bridge!
Quote by githonell
its the truss rod. if that does not work then take off the strings and file the twelth fret down about 2 milimeters

isn't 2 millimeters a little much?

oh, and Gitter_Wizard : nice acoustic dude!
ALWAYS, raise the action at the bridge first.

^and dont tell a guy to file his fret like its no big deal and couldnt possibly screw up his guitar.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

^it wasn't me who told him too, Jenny

I just mean that if he decides too, he shouldn't scrape 2 entire millimeters of it!

so threadstarter : if you really can't get rid of it, go to your local shop and have them take a look at your action, with possible truss rod adjustments etc.
LAF, i know joris

sorry, i meant it like ^^ up there, not at u.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62