Ok I am going to be getting a guitar soon and don't know what to get.I only wanna get something that is less than 600 because I dont want to make my dad spend too much money...I want an all aroung good guitar but I play classic rock the most.I dont know what to get and I am asking for some decent guitars that are under 600$..
try a gibson sg- dont look great, but plays well, w/ broad spectrum of styles

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/options.php?id=1078

or try any epiphone les paul for good quality on a budget

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/p.php?n=99

both are good, i prefer les paul;s for their wide tonal variations you can achieve (if you have a good amp)
Quote by MastaBassist10
"Um, yes waiter, I'll have a wank, please."

Quote by HaKattack

I'm a man. We don't cry. We bottle up emotions and become abusive alcoholics.

Proud Member of Slashism. PM slashs_#1_fan to join
Epiphone Les Paul Standard. They dropped the price down to $379 (At Guitar Center, at least). I've had mine for nearly a year, and it has yet to let me down. Some of the Epiphones are comparable to the Gibsons, and quite honestly, i think you can get just as good a guitar with Epiphone as you can with Gibson for a fifth of the price.

Schecters are also a very good choice. They sound unbelievable through distortion, so maybe you should give those a try.
try a Shcecter c-1....looks awesome and from what i've heard a quite a bit versatile. i think they're like 600 dollars though.
i agree with you all, get the epiphone les paul (custom or standard unless you can afford the ultra or signature versions).
Fender American Deluxe Ash Stratocaster (2000)
Fender Classic Player 60's Stratocaster
Marshall JCM900 100w head & 4x12 cab

Korg DT-10 Tuner; Boss DD-3 Digital Delay; Jim Dunlop JH-1B Wah; Boss RT-20 Rotary Ensemble; MXR EVH Phase 90.
Epiphone Les Paul. Should fit your style.
When I heard smoking would kill me, I bought shares in Dunhill and Marlboro - Thomas Geraghty

If we don't change it, nothing will fucking change.
Yeah, Im getting a new guitar soon also, man.
He likes to play classic rock and well im in the same situation as the starter of this thread. But I like to play alot of Tool stuff. Does an Epiphone play smooth and sound good?
My friend/bandmate has an epiphone les paul, and he loves it. Me, I'm not too keen.. I'm more of a strat person. But epiphones are very good quality, generally, and tend to have good tone. They definitely suit a harder rock sound quite well, so they seem to be what you are looking for.
DONT get the epiphone standard or custom unless you've tried one at a shop that you absolutely adore. If you're buying an epiphone les paul in the first play, i'd reccomend the epiphone les paul standard plain-top.

The reason for this, is because the regular standard and the custom models both have a slab of alder inside of them, and this greatly reduces the great tone that les pauls are known for. The plain-top doesn't have this slab of alder, its pure mahogny. Also, there's different pickups. These can be changed though, the body wood can't.
Quote by taper_fra_nord
DONT get the epiphone standard or custom unless you've tried one at a shop that you absolutely adore. If you're buying an epiphone les paul in the first play, i'd reccomend the epiphone les paul standard plain-top.

The reason for this, is because the regular standard and the custom models both have a slab of alder inside of them, and this greatly reduces the great tone that les pauls are known for. The plain-top doesn't have this slab of alder, its pure mahogny. Also, there's different pickups. These can be changed though, the body wood can't.

I looked that up and its the first thing under the features...I put the links too..

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Les-Paul-Standard-Plain-Top?sku=517413

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Les-Paul-Standard-Electric-Guitar?sku=518341

I was thinking about an ESP , I have heard they are great...
Id get a MIM strat or a Highway 1 strat
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
the schecter c1 plus is really good and only 550. ive had mine for 9 month and it still plays perfect and has had no problems
schecter c1 plus (duh)
seagul mini jumbo

soad....
I'm looking to get a new guitar. Basically what i want is a guitar that can handle drop tunings and heavier gauge strings and still sound terrific, tremolo or locking nuts arent that crucial to me and i usually prefer strat bodies over any other and i have a budget of something like £400 or $700 and i usually play metal above everything else but it varies a lot. Friends have told me about the ibanez s520ex and sz 520 qm models which i actually might buy but i was just wondering if anyone can suggest any guitar better then those.
SCHECTER

try the c1 artist limited edition.

its got the same specs as blackjack, but costs less and looks better. plays just as well, my friend has both and they sound the same.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-C1-Artist-Limited-Edition-Electric-Guitar?sku=518187
Gear:
PRS Custom SE
Shit Strat
line6 spider II 112 (worst choice of my life)
Squier 10 watt (sounds better than the spider)
Digitech rp200
Rocktron Silver Dragon

Quote by FretboardToAsh
he's right, and he plays prs so that's proof.