calling out ug experts.
have an ibanez rg170dx , mg15cd marshall amp and a digitech rp 80 pedal.i tried pinch harmonics with drop d tuning..max distortion,full treble...but couldnt do it....what do i need to do in order to acheive the required
is my gear not good enough to do the pinch harmonics.
all of the help will be appreciated...thanking all in anticipation
blackjack
Pinch harmonics rely pretty much on technique. How are you trying to do them now?
Quote by grimreaper65
Har har har. Go stuff your panties with toads and then masturbate.

Ahh, I love the Pit.

Quote by SilentDeftone
I don't need to report you, I can just ban you instead.

-SD

Owned!
Quote by blackjack84
calling out ug experts.
have an ibanez rg170dx , mg15cd marshall amp and a digitech rp 80 pedal.i tried pinch harmonics with drop d tuning..max distortion,full treble...but couldnt do it....what do i need to do in order to acheive the required
is my gear not good enough to do the pinch harmonics.
all of the help will be appreciated...thanking all in anticipation
blackjack

Nothing to do with gear dude. Distortion and volume help though. When producing pinch harmonics you must find the "harmonic node" on the string, this is a place where a harmonic can be produced...experiment, also you need to get the technique of using a little pick and damping with your thumb straight after the pick right.

Hope this helps
Axe FX 2
Matrix GT1000FX
Mesa 4x12
Behringer FCB1010
Try finding where the natural harmonics are over your pickups and try to aim for those with the side of your thumb.
I have the pedal, and I had trouble with pinching harmonics too. All you have to do is make sure that the noise gate isn't set too high, I'd say above G5. What you also need to be careful of is having your pickups set right. Pinches are easiest to do on the bridge pickup. If you are still having troubles, look at your technique. Make sure you have read this article and seen this lesson.
thank u all...it helped a lot...i tried out the neck humbucker and it worked....tough with the bridge humbecker though....thanx for all the help...........ugers rock
Last edited by blackjack84 at Jun 13, 2006,