I just got a new Schecter C-1 E/A and I was reading some musiciansfriend reviews for it and half of them reccomended that you get it "Professionaly Set Up" and I realized that the salesperson told me that I could get a free set-up within 15 days of the purchase. I don't really know what getting a "professional set up" is or if my guitar even needs it. Could someone tell me what it is and some signs that my guitar might need it?
Quote by spazzymagee417
i would pay more for a midget corpse than an average size corpse
Well, if it's free, just go to your shop and tell them to set it up. They'll just adjust the truss rod and action and all that so that your guitar's in perfect playing condition.
Dont just blindly go to a shop and say, "i'd like this to be profesionally set up plz". Explain to them what type of songs you most likely play, what tunings do you play most often and what tunings would you like it to be on that guitar. Also, about the action you need to describe on how you like it, low, high, medium, slanted, all parallel, everything. Gauges of strings you would like to put in them and so forth. If its fine and nothing is wrong, just tell the tech guy to check for improper soldering inside the electronic cavity. Also, check for sharp saddles, it can be a pain coz it has caused a lot of string breaking problems.

1 more thing for certain is to actually know that the tech IS a pro, coz some shops just have regular clerk who doesnt know **** on what he's doing and he just follows thru manuals and not experience.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Last edited by madpickin03 at Jun 13, 2006,
A bit odd I think, this salesperson. I personally appreciate it very much when I hear them say: 'Like on all guitars we have in this shop, we have checked the factory set up and corrected it where necessary. If you decide within the next 15 days to switch to different gauche strings or otherwise wish for a different set up, we'll do it for free. Any adjusting of the truss rod on brand new guitars we'll do for free as often as necessary up to one year after purchase. If you have any questions or complains, come to us and we'll look into it'
I love when they say this.
Im glad u got that guitar man, I bought that guitar it really is great, they just adjusted some things prior to purchase, I really didnt see cause I was checking out some amps but i told them i like classic rock and blues so and so maybe that had an effect on what they did. Just tell them what u read and they'll set whatever there is to setup for u
Member #5 of the I <3 Schecter's Club-PM Schecter-06 to join
"Member of the Guitarists that wished they could sing because they would make fantastic frontmen club"-Pm Davidian to join
Im not too sure about them, messing up the factory settings. Coz they're default settings from the company itself and most of the time, the actions and all are at norm. Probably just some loose hardwares but thats all. If they mess around with the truss rod or action, then it may be a problem. You should check the reliability and experience of the tech guy who did that.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Yea do make sure they dont f*** around with the the piezo system, that could be deadly since people have not been able to fix it when something went wrong from what I heard
Member #5 of the I <3 Schecter's Club-PM Schecter-06 to join
"Member of the Guitarists that wished they could sing because they would make fantastic frontmen club"-Pm Davidian to join