I was playing some Steve Vai today and suddenly... *bang*, My whammy bar broke, and the very tip of it is stuck in the bridge . Is there an easy way to get that little piece out of my bridge? And if not, do I need to buy another bridge??? (I'm prolly taking it to a luthier anyway)

my guitar is a Fender 70's Strat btw
Well if you're taking it to a luthier then there's no point in posting here eh?

Anyways, if you ask me, i'd say use a small dab of engine epoxy to the broken tip (not the one inside) and blow it for a bit, then screw it in. Let dry for couple of minutes and then gently twist the thread to let loose. Just dab only by little, just enough to actually cover about half of the radius of the broken piece.

Probably others will suggest you to drill the inner side of the broken piece, pry out using pliers or unscrew it and whatnot, up to you actually.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Quote by eXor
I was playing some Steve Vai today and suddenly... *bang*, My whammy bar broke, and the very tip of it is stuck in the bridge . Is there an easy way to get that little piece out of my bridge? And if not, do I need to buy another bridge??? (I'm prolly taking it to a luthier anyway)

my guitar is a Fender 70's Strat btw

is your trem system a standard 6 screw vintage system? if so and your playing Vai, i'd look for a guitar with a double locking trem system.
Ovation Celebrity
MIJ STRAT
Ibanez Prestige S1220WNF
modded Ibanez GAX75
Fender tuner-DIGITECH EX-7-BOSS SD1-Ibanez CF7-Tech 21 TM 60
(LOOP)Boss DD20(Loop)
My soundclick page
Quote by madpickin03

Probably others will suggest you to drill the inner side of the broken piece, pry out using pliers or unscrew it and whatnot, up to you actually.

by "others" he means me. cause this question comes up all the time.

i usually say to try using a pin sized drill to put in a center hole. something u can either use the drill to spin out, or punch a nail in to spin out.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
W00t 1500th post.

What I always do is take off the bridgeplate, and then pull it out with pliers.
Works all the time (three out of three broken wahmmy bars, that is).