so im saving up for a new guitar and im asking for a new amp for my birthday to replace my squier and crate 15 watt and im aso hoping to eventually buty some good pedals. im really lusting after a wah right now but ive heard bad things about the crybaby. whats a good cheap wah pedal for a slash,page,and perhaps but not importantly a hammett tone?and the amp im looking at is the vox valvetronix. how is the autowah on that amp?
Quote by Soma3009
I came up with this kick ass riff on my ukelele when I was 12. Find out two years later, it was smoke on the water. Got my hopes and dreams killed..

Quote by saintjimmy99
you used the right form of "their!" i commend you sir!

well the autowah is more of a funk kind of effect, cuz you control it with your pick attack instead of your foot. for wah pedals, look at the Crybaby Classic, 535Q, and the Crybaby From Hell (CFH). for Morley, look into the Bad Horsies (I/II), or the Tremonti Power Wah. theres also Buddah, Vox, Fulltone, and some people actually recommend the Behringer 535Q knockoff.
Ovation Celebrity
MIJ STRAT
Ibanez Prestige S1220WNF
modded Ibanez GAX75
Fender tuner-DIGITECH EX-7-BOSS SD1-Ibanez CF7-Tech 21 TM 60
(LOOP)Boss DD20(Loop)
My soundclick page
Vox's are amazing amps, the autowah is quite useless on them though.

And as a new Vox wah enthusiast, I suggest that you get either a Vox V847, or a Vox Clyde McCoy wah (amazing), good for what you want.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Get Digitech Distortion Factory. It'll be all u need to get any distortion u want.
My Gear:

Epi Les Paul Standard
Fender 48th Street Strat
Vox Valvetronix AD50VT
Martin Koa Acoustic
Some crappy unnamed bass
^He didn't say he wanted a distortion though...
Don't be afraid to care"

well, as far as wah pedals go, you need to try them out before you buy them. because each company's wahs have different tones. From my experiences (since i own one) cryaby wah pedals usually have a more accented and, if incorrectly used, sometimes harsh tone to them. Also, in my cas at least, crybaby's seem to have a less-vocal sounding wah until you really get a feel for them and learn the nuances of the pedal.

I've also played on a Vox Clyde McCoy and honestly, if it weren't for the very little bit that i use a wah, I would DEFINITELY get one of those myself. Very natural and mellower wah sound, when compared to Crybaby's. Very nice stuff.

You just need to go out and try a few out and see wut you like. It's all a matter of preference, man, so go off of that when you're buying your effects.
MY GEAR
Schecter Omen 6
Crate GT30
Ibanez Tube Screamer TS808
Dunlop Crybaby Wah

Quote by Raistincarnate

Yeah, Dragonforce is like having two Steve Vai's that were locked up with a DnD game and a guitar for twenty years and then started a band.
Quote by guitarfreek909
Get Digitech Distortion Factory. It'll be all u need to get any distortion u want.

yeah, i dont think i want to go digital
Quote by Soma3009
I came up with this kick ass riff on my ukelele when I was 12. Find out two years later, it was smoke on the water. Got my hopes and dreams killed..

Quote by saintjimmy99

the slash wah is supposed to be amazing
all the kickass-ness of the CFH wah, but with more tweakable stuff in it.
Pre or post distortion circuit
EQ
and i believe a volume knob so you dont get volume boost if you dont want it
Fender '82 Walnut Strat
Fender '65 Twin Reverb Reissue
Voodoo Labs Sparkle Drive
EHX English Muff'n
Boss DD-6
Quote by Schecter Owns

I've also played on a Vox Clyde McCoy and honestly, if it weren't for the very little bit that i use a wah, I would DEFINITELY get one of those myself. Very natural and mellower wah sound, when compared to Crybaby's. Very nice stuff.

I thought the same thing when I was trying one out, it sounded a hell of a lot nicer than my Crybaby, so I bought one
Don't be afraid to care"

Try out plenty of Boss pedals. If you're looking for distortion, try out their DS-1. As for other effects, their delay pedals are really cool, as are their flanger, phaser and chorus pedals. You really can't go wrong with Boss. If you really have some money to drop, I would highly reccomend Line 6's modeler series. I have a DL-4 and just 4 words can describe it: coolest ****ing delay ever.
2005 Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Marshall JCM900 MKIII Master Volume head
Carvin G412T cabinet
Line 6 DL-4
Boss BF-3
Boss CS-3
Boss NS-2
Boss OD-20
Boss PH-2
Ibanez TS-7 (being modded soon!)
Last edited by Ambulance X at Jun 14, 2006,
i disagree Ambulance X, you can easily go wrong with boss, their phasers are absolute crap on a stick. I love Boss, but their phasers are expensive and dont get close to MXR's. For a wah, you may have heard bad things about Dunlop but since all the artists you described use Crybaby's, i think that will be best for you. Voxes are briliant wahs but you want a Dunlop because you obviously like the sound they make as your aforementioned artists all use one. a 535Q will do nicely, but try the Vox if you wanna go by your own opinion and see what they sound like
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
Vox's are just briliant wah's IMO, you cant really go wrong with them, i use my V847 for funk, rock and metal/shred......i love it, hey R_H_C_P whats the clyde mccoy like??? ive been dying to hear one for soo long
Quote by IncubusMan999
i disagree Ambulance X, you can easily go wrong with boss, their phasers are absolute crap on a stick. I love Boss, but their phasers are expensive and dont get close to MXR's. For a wah, you may have heard bad things about Dunlop but since all the artists you described use Crybaby's, i think that will be best for you. Voxes are briliant wahs but you want a Dunlop because you obviously like the sound they make as your aforementioned artists all use one. a 535Q will do nicely, but try the Vox if you wanna go by your own opinion and see what they sound like

it wasnt the more expensive crybabys i heard bad stuff about but the cheap 60$ one
Quote by Soma3009

Quote by saintjimmy99

with a soldering iron and a few dollars worth of resistors and capacitors, you can make the cheap 60 dollar one into one of the more expensive ones....
Quote by hmmm_de_hum
Vox's are just briliant wah's IMO, you cant really go wrong with them, i use my V847 for funk, rock and metal/shred......i love it, hey R_H_C_P whats the clyde mccoy like??? ive been dying to hear one for soo long

It's really, really nice.
It's incredibly smooth sweeping, great range to it, very vocal and thick sounding, every position sounds good.
It's everything a wah should be really.
But... I've not tried the V847 to compare it to.
Don't be afraid to care"

what do you guys mean sweeping?
Quote by Soma3009

Quote by saintjimmy99

Quote by marvelboy_04
what do you guys mean sweeping?

the sweep to bass to treble frequency's is really smooth.....

But yea the Clyde McCoy sounds really nice congrats....i need to try one sometime
^Yea, I managed to use it in a band practice yesterday too, wow is all I can say.
It's sounded so "right", so glad I bought this pedal!

Try one, you'll probably love it.
Don't be afraid to care"

Quote by marvelboy_04
yeah, i dont think i want to go digital

Good idea.

If I were you I'd wait with the effects and get at better amp than the Vox Valvetronix. The effects are very weak and the tone is way overrated. Try the Peavey Valveking and maybe compare it to the Vox.