I was wondering if it would be ok to put fender bullets in a non fender guitar (i.e. a Line6 Variax). And since they're .10's and my Variax currently has .09's on it, what adjustments do I have to make so as not to mess up the neck?

EDIT: AHH DANGIT WRONG FORUM

EDIT 2: ahh well at least I got some decent replies...I originally was aiming for the guitar gear and accessories forum, but thanks anyway
Huzzah! It is I, S0ulja, the Duke Of Swiss, 3rd member of the Royal order of cheese!

PM Soulfly_freak or sock_demon to join
Last edited by S0ulja23 at Jun 13, 2006,
Dude... They're just strings.

And a difference like that generally doesn't need any kind of adjustments.
Posers are like punks, except they do it for fashion

notUG PUNK FORUM PRESIDENT!
question...
why? sure, go ahead and try them, but i personally think there are plenty of better options. and if the variax is string through or has a trem block (that the strings go through) bullets will work, they'll work on anything, you would just have the bullte part hanging out of the back of a hardtail. and as for the different guages, you could have it set up again for .10s but string it up and watch the intonation, if the neck starts getting funky take it from there
"insert witty somewhat racial, innapropriate, degrading comment here"
Ahh ok thanks.
Huzzah! It is I, S0ulja, the Duke Of Swiss, 3rd member of the Royal order of cheese!

Yeah, I use Super Bullets all the time in my SG. You don't need to make any adjustments at all if you are just changing between 9s and 10s.
LastFM
my deviantART
Quote by saintjimmy99
thank you kindly. now feel free to put a quote from me in your sig that says whatever you like.
Quote by godofshred
hehe, i bet the bullets look cool comin out the stoptail?
pics !

Haha well my Variax is a string thru . I'll post pics of my SG with Bullets someday though

EDIT: Oh you were referring to the post above...I'm not paying attention today..

Quote by godofshred
hehe, i bet the bullets look cool comin out the stoptail?
pics !

You can get bullets with ball ends....
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.