View poll results: Which is nicer.
Triple recto
5 26%
Road king
14 74%
Voters: 19.
Triple rectofier or Road king
Edited to be more precise.

I want that crushing mesa boogie sound still. But Versatility would be nice.
I know pretty much squat about mesa boogie amps, and Im looking for my final amplifier, I dont plan on buying another after this. Ive got a B52 at100, behringer, A vox 30 watt and a fender 30 watt. Ive got pretty decent versatility so far, but I can never get that super heavy mesa boogie sound no matter what I do. So basically Im asking is one inherently better then the other by leaps and bounds, is there a huge price difference (never seen a road king on display or for sale).
Can I get the sound im looking for on both?
Quote by boardsofcanada
^^

<_<
~Bass'-play-er.

The #1 member of the club that isn't terribly predjudiced against emo. Get over yourselves.
PM me, or just say # x
And part of Fortysix and twos Defenders of Emo club.

" Zach_F I love you for that."
Last edited by Zach_F at Jun 13, 2006,
Triple Rectifer sounds like overkill, do you really need 150watts tube?
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
Wrong forum
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
My band plays around the DFW area, starting to move into decent sized clubs, No more hole in the wall shacks on the side of the road. I probobaly dont need 150 watts, But its the sound of that particular amp I like so much.
Quote by boardsofcanada
^^

<_<
~Bass'-play-er.

The #1 member of the club that isn't terribly predjudiced against emo. Get over yourselves.
PM me, or just say # x
And part of Fortysix and twos Defenders of Emo club.

" Zach_F I love you for that."
Dude, if you want an extremely versitle Mesa without blowing the bank, buy an F Series, or a Nomad, or pretty much any amp Mesa makes in the 50 watt range. If you're not selling out House of Blues venues, there's absolutely no way you need a150 watts of tube power, nor spend that much money for it.

And don't be afraid, they will distort, they will do metal, easily, and they sound ten times better clean than a recto or a road king will.

And if you're still worried about having enough power... my Nomad blew one side of my Peavey half stack, the side was rated at 150 watts...
1992 Gibson Explorer (Seymour Duncan '59 neck, Custom Custom bridge)
Jackson King V Professional Std. (Seymour Duncan Invaders)
Mesa/Boogie Nomad 55
Mesa/Boogie 412 Recto. O/S Cabinet
Boss ME-50
MXR 10-Band EQ
Why would you waste your money of a Triple Rectifier? You'll never (ever) be able to turn it up loud enough to make it sound even half decent. You might as well throw your money away. The Triple Rectifier is a horrible amp.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Man, that's like comparing an ultralight to an F-16.

The triple recto is a mean amp, but it's a pretty straightforward amp. Nothing too special about it except that it's loud enough to kill small animals and children when the volume is turned past 3.It sounds good, and gives you 3 channels. It's a great amp.

But as far as I'm concerned, the Road King is the be-all, end-all amp. There's absolutely no sound you can't attain with it. With all the pre and power amp combinations, you could tweak the **** out of it for years and only acratch the surface of what you can do with it. It's my (wet) dream amp.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
I bought an F-30. I like it alot so far.
"If you tried to give rock and roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'."
- John Lennon
Quote by Crunchmeister
Man, that's like comparing an ultralight to an F-16.

The triple recto is a mean amp, but it's a pretty straightforward amp. Nothing too special about it except that it's loud enough to kill small animals and children when the volume is turned past 3.It sounds good, and gives you 3 channels. It's a great amp.

But as far as I'm concerned, the Road King is the be-all, end-all amp. There's absolutely no sound you can't attain with it. With all the pre and power amp combinations, you could tweak the **** out of it for years and only acratch the surface of what you can do with it. It's my (wet) dream amp.

Sigged
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator