ok, so i am pretty much pickup retarded and have always had help with choosing pickups from more knowledgable people so i was hoping i could narrow the field down before i go out and try some.

I have come to receive a PRS SE Soapbar II as a gift and i waslooking to possibly replace the pickups. the specs are: Mahognay body, mahogany neck, rosewood fretboard, and it still has the soapbar pickups (a treble and a bass).

so here is my question. If i plan on using this guitar to play 80's style rock, modern rock, and a little blues, what would be a good pickup combo. (i am also not sure if the soapbar pickups are a standard size when compared to most other types of pickups)

all help is appreciated
i would keep the neck pickup for blues and probably get duncan custom made by seymour duncan
Setup:
Gibson Les Paul Studio & mexican strat.
Crybaby wah (crappy)
pod xt live
Marshall valvestate combo
thats an extremly nice gift, even though i got a strat hss for my 13th birthday
heh, long story about getting it as a gift.

yeah, i have good experience with duncans...are customs real expenssive?

EDIT: would a vintage SP90-1 soapbar in the neck be good with a SP90-3 custom hot in the bridge?
Last edited by jackal20 at Jun 13, 2006,
i think they run about $70
Setup:
Gibson Les Paul Studio & mexican strat.
Crybaby wah (crappy)
pod xt live
Marshall valvestate combo
Quote by jackal20
heh, long story about getting it as a gift.

yeah, i have good experience with duncans...are customs real expenssive?

EDIT: would a vintage SP90-1 soapbar in the neck be good with a SP90-3 custom hot in the bridge?

YEah, but as you knwo they hum alot (P-90's in general) so maybe an STK-p90 stack? (wich is a stacked humbucker) for bridge?
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009