ok guys, im selling a takamine eg540 (electro-acoustic) and i called this guy who was selling an ibanez, to check if he wanted to trade.. to my surprise he sold the ibanez.. but is offering me know the charvel san dimas...

the weird thing is that the charvel doesnt say where it was made...(i have checked and charvel says some early models have that fault..) and its an old guitar like from 1987,(the older the better, for what i know) and he tells me that it is in a great great condition to be that old...

its in mahogany the body and the fretboard is in ebony and has 3 single-coils.. one fast-track and 2 other stocks i think...also 22 frets..
he also told me that the CHARVEL logo obiously says: CHarvel.. but jackson style O_O...(weird). and i really dont kow if this is authentic or not.. =(, if u guys can me help me out.. =)

ill soon have a pic and u can see it and judge .
thx!!!
Yeh dude , its authentic.. Back then Charvel logo was like the Jackson.

San Dimas are badass guitars...
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
ok u think is authentic, then is there anything special to look for, to make sure??? thanks!
pic coming soon..

and someone told me there was this site, that u put the serial# and it searches the guitar. anyone knows it?
Last edited by yoyoloco at Jun 13, 2006,
doesnt the guitars back then have a production code or whatever on the back like ibanez and stuff has??
.(....\................/....)
. \....\............. /..../
...\....\.........../..../
....\..../´¯.l.¯`\..../
..../... l....l....(¯ `\
...l......l....l.....\....\
...l......l´¯.l´¯.l \....\
...\......` ¯..¯ ´......?
....\__________.?
here are the pics..
the serial is : 352156
if anyone can help me nice!!.. and also how much is a guitar like this worth???
thx!

Couldn't find any 6-digit Jackson/Charvels ... check out this little blurb about Jackson/Charvel:

"About 750 San Dimas Charvels were built without serial numbers from '79 until 11/9/81. For the San Dimas Charvels, #1001 began the numbered series in late 81'. 1982 began with #1096, '83 with #1725, '84 with #2939, '85 with #4262, and '86 with #5304. Warning: Someone sold the leftover, excess numbered neckplates on the black market, so if you find a guitar with a San Dimas neckplate numbered 5492 or higher, it was not made by Charvel/Jackson!

To help you identify your Jackson / Charvel, use the following information: If you have a San Dimas California or Ontario California neckplate and, or have a "MADE IN USA" logo on the headstock, you have a USA MADE guitar. If you have a Ft.Worth Texas neckplate, or you have a neckplate that simply says Jackson / Charvel, you do NOT have a USA MADE guitar. However, there are a few rare pre-production, VERY SMALL CHARVEL LOGO'S that will also have a blank neckplate that are indeed USA MADE. Unfortunately there are a few people bootlegging this logo and selling the guitar's as REAL Charvel's so be careful.(Keep in mind these are very rare and before purchasing one get a second opinion)!"

Check out Ed Roman's second table. It confirms the numbering scheme of the first link. Good Luck!
yeah i read that, but this guitar is 89/91 and it has the neck plate

and u forgot the important part ...

Also, ALL Jackson neck-thru guitars had a serial # on the fretboard's last fret. Most of these will be 4 digit #'s. Some will have letters also before the # like RR for Randy Rhoads, or PCS for players choice series, and all archtops will start with JA and then the 4 digits. You might see one letter like J or U and then the 4 digits also. All San Dimas Jackson and Charvel bolt-on guitars will have a 4 digit serial # on the neckplate. Ontario bolt-on Jacksons will have 4 or 6 digit serial #'. All Jackson's that have the Professional logo on the headstock are Japanese made!
Ontario bolt-on Jacksons will have 4 or 6 digit serial #'. All Jackson's that have the Professional logo on the headstock are Japanese made!

it says they are all digit so.. and i have cheked a few forums and a lot of ppl have similar s#..like 35somthing all 6 digit. but im still not sure
ok i have confirmed that is not san dimas.. its an 275dlx any one knows the aprox price for this guitar ?? thx!