I was wondering if I should shell out for Line 6's PODxt. My guitar teacher spent over $5000 in effects and amps for his guitar and said when he bought the Line 6's POD he sold most of his amps and effects. So, is my teacher overexaggerating about the POD or should I just go ahead and shell out the money for a POD?
I bought one for £150, best money I ever spent

EDIT: for me it's mroe of a recording tool though
Fender Jim Root Signature Telecaster
Martin Westside Custom Edition
Peavey 6505
Peavey XXX Cab
ISP Decimator Prorack G
Sennheiser EW172 G3
Sennheiser wireless IEM
Ibanez TS9DX
Boss TU-2 Tuner
MY BAND:
http://www.myspace.com/thedirtyyouth
Depends on what you want it for. It's a great recording device, and the XT has some sweet features ... but you aren't gonna use it with an amp (unless its an Atomic, or Tech21 PE60).

I heard the best analogy for a POD on the guitar world forums:

Line6 is sort of like an all you can eat buffet. Noting on the buffet table is fine cuisine, but it is edible and the variety is great.
yeah i have one. its pretty good. though if you record then its much better than if you run it through an amp
Quote by yorkshireterror
Dunlop's got the right idea
Oh yeah, only took me a few months
Founder of the "I Support Robert Keeley Mods," if you like them too, put this in your sig!

i <3 breakdowns
Quote by silver26
Depends on what you want it for. It's a great recording device, and the XT has some sweet features ... but you aren't gonna use it with an amp (unless its an Atomic, or Tech21 PE60).

I heard the best analogy for a POD on the guitar world forums:

Line6 is sort of like an all you can eat buffet. Noting on the buffet table is fine cuisine, but it is edible and the variety is great.

Why wouldnt I use it with an amp? (sorry if I'm nieve)
Quote by eridani
Why wouldnt I use it with an amp? (sorry if I'm nieve)

you can if you stick with one sound through a whole show, but unless you get a footswitch, changing channels is not very intuitive at speed
Fender Jim Root Signature Telecaster
Martin Westside Custom Edition
Peavey 6505
Peavey XXX Cab
ISP Decimator Prorack G
Sennheiser EW172 G3
Sennheiser wireless IEM
Ibanez TS9DX
Boss TU-2 Tuner
MY BAND:
http://www.myspace.com/thedirtyyouth