(fingering)

-17p14----|
---------15-|---%

ok, when I play this with overdrive on, it always sounds messy, and not just this, most stuff I play with distortion, always get extra strings I accidentally hit to ring...and it pisses the hell out of me.
in ^this example, the 14 keeps sounding when I play the 15 and it sounds bad. Then, (i'm still holding 15 down) and I play the 17 again, the 15 keeps going...

Any tips for using distortion? to make the sound not run all together???
Quote by Roc8995
Thin necks make you play faster because guitars with thin necks sound thin and bad, and you play fast to distract people from the bad tone.
Lightly take your finger off the string enough to kill the sound, or take it off completely. And try using your pinky on the 17th fret.
Last edited by Johnljones7443 at Jun 13, 2006,
is this one of those (practice slow) things?
Quote by Roc8995
Thin necks make you play faster because guitars with thin necks sound thin and bad, and you play fast to distract people from the bad tone.
Quote by thefoldarsoldar
(fingering)

-17p14----|
---------15-|---%

ok, when I play this with overdrive on, it always sounds messy, and not just this, most stuff I play with distortion, always get extra strings I accidentally hit to ring...and it pisses the hell out of me.
in ^this example, the 14 keeps sounding when I play the 15 and it sounds bad. Then, (i'm still holding 15 down) and I play the 17 again, the 15 keeps going...

Any tips for using distortion? to make the sound not run all together???

When I play 15, I would use the other part of my middle finger the mute the first string. And yes, practice slowly first.
Quote by thefoldarsoldar
(fingering)

-17p14----|
---------15-|

I'd use ..4...1...2 instead. It's much more effecient, and technically (classically) correct.
Quote by Hovertruck
You guys are forgetting the most important part of sounding like Alexi.
Yao Yao
ill try 4-1-2...after all, youre a technique nazi...
Quote by Roc8995