old: beat up fat strat into marshalls

new: les paul jr. into marshalls.
Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile
Theres a page on the site somewhere with Billie's set up from the beggining till now. Look up Celebrity Rig and should get it.
look at the Archive Threads hes the first Celebrity Rig
Quote by Metal-X
But last time I cranked my amp up. A small bird flew by at the same time I did a pinch harmonic.... and it exploded....

Too Late
Quote by guitaristben
no im talking about the effects

um, from what i recall there's not many.

a phaser/flanger studio effect on blvd. but thats about it as far as i know.
Quote by ClassicAxe

Quote by jj1565

Billie Joe is like such a h0tti3 huhh!?

he uses like a fender fat strat for his old sch00l songs like on d00kie but on the new skool rockorz like Am3rican IdioT (AI 4 short) he uses da new gibson guitars and plugs it intop delay and echo for like tewh old style classic rock ballads such as boulevard of broken dreams

hope that helped you
From my understanding fat strat in to marshalls and now gibson LP Jr into marshalls

But in reallity if you want his tone you can just plug a squire into a Fab distortion directly into dog **** should work
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
its not a fender fat strat - it was a fernandes copy and on blvd or broken dreams BJ used a tremolo not a delay for the intro. but yea into marshalls. he uses a gretsch hollowbody of sorts aswell as a gibson les paul junior into marshalls.
Quote by TehJermie
you can get that toneblaster stack at the cost of your dignity.

Quote by silhouettica
fine, screw the cheese sandwich if you must...

Does anyone know any Green Day amp settings? ie. bass treble etc. Especially for the songs: When I Come Around, Holiday.

Isn't it funny how there can't be atleast one Green Day thread without someone taking the piss out of them? lol
"If you want beef, then bring the ruckus." - Marilyn Monroe
^^ dude try the settings thread or use the search function. wait. do both.
Quote by TehJermie
you can get that toneblaster stack at the cost of your dignity.

Quote by silhouettica
fine, screw the cheese sandwich if you must...

Green Day Is Crap!!!!
My Gear:

Epi Les Paul Standard
Fender 48th Street Strat
Vox Valvetronix AD50VT
Martin Koa Acoustic
Some crappy unnamed bass
Quote by guitarfreek909
Green Day Is Crap!!!!

^ok, a lot of people would agree, but when someone asks a question, at least have the decency to answer it. Or make your post relevant without flaming the thread
New tracks on my profile! Please check them out and see what you think!
geeze UG sucks. can someone not ask a question about gear inculding their musictastes with out getting flamed? this is reddicoulus. seriously. while green day may be absolutley horrible in your opinion, doesn't mean you have to flame some one else for it. especialy here in the GG&A/EG sections. if you feel like talking about a band, take it to the music section, please. there's no place for it here. you guys flame the hell outa punk/pop rock/nu-metal, including saying they have ****ty tone, when in reality, they use the amps/guitars you WISH you had. so seriously, shut up and answer the guys question, nobody cares if you think greenday suck. it amazes me how immiture and childish some of you act the moment "green day" is mentioned.

i'm with inspired by vai, how does saying

"Green Day Is Crap" add any relevency to the thread? it just makes you look like an immiture twat. if that's all you have to say, don't post and waste my life. please.

now, thread starter, his settups have already been mentioned. and as far as efffects go, there are none really. on blvd. it's stuido magic in the intro. its a guitar track recorded, reversed, then tremlo was added. so you're actually hearing it backwards, if you want to recreate that go ahead, just try some delay, reverb, and tremlo. most people wont know the difference.
Quote by ClassicAxe

Quote by jj1565

Quote by guitarfreek909
Green Day Is Crap!!!!

From the forum rules sticky thread at the top of the forums:

11: Musical tastes: The Instrument forums are not for discussing musical preferences or to bash other people?s musical tastes.

*Reported*

Have a nice day!

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
As far as I know here is the setup that Billie Joe uses right now. A series of Gibsons, and an old Fender Stratocaster knock off into a Marshall JTM 45.

And I just want to ask what effects you are talking. The only effect I've ever heard in a Green Day Song has been a tremelo (Boulevard of Broken Dreams Intro), and delay used in some of the solo's on American Idiot.

What kind of gear do you have to work with?
Back in the day he used his Fernandes Strat Copy with a SD Hot Rails in the rear pickup plugged into a "hot rodded"(no clue what the modifications were,wish I did though)Marshall which I assume was a plexi though I'm none too certain.
Quote by gpderek09
um, from what i recall there's not many.

a phaser/flanger studio effect on blvd. but thats about it as far as i know.

Ah, no, that's a tremolo effect, I'm listening to it right now.
Quote by USCENDONE BENE

Isn't it funny how there can't be atleast one Green Day thread without someone taking the piss out of them? lol

lol

i personally don't like them.

but i know billie joe uses gibson lp's
Quote by MastaBassist10
Ah, no, that's a tremolo effect, I'm listening to it right now.

i corrected myself in a later post.

Quote by ClassicAxe

Quote by jj1565

raWr...

*closed*

For sale: Early 1985 Ibanez AH10 (Allan Holdsworth signature model) PM for details