let's say that you are given a guitar with one purpose: to mod the crap out of it until it is perfect for you. What would you do?

Your base options are:
Fender Standard Strat (MIA)
Gibson Les Paul (standard)
Schecter C-1 classic
Ibanez RG1570
ESP Eclipse II

for me it'd be the fender strat with the following pickups: p-90 in the bridge, cool rails in the middle and am eric johnson single coil in the neck
it'd also have a floyd rose, maple neck/fingerboard, nitrocellulose paint(3-color sunburst) and roland synth access.
gibson with, fuzz factory probe built in, and some thing to control my whammy pedal with on it ( like matt belammys). also a roland synth pickup but im not sure what other pickup(s) i would use. i would love a cracked mirror finnish. rosewood neck with a rose patern going down the fingerboard under the frets
Originally posted by tylerishot
There is no reason that taking advantage of a drunk chick is acceptable. You can, however, beat them up, and tell them they fell down the stairs.
Last edited by jakecarter at Jun 13, 2006,
Fender MIA Strat

Body: Route body for OFR and HSS pup setting

Pups: EMG-81 in bridge, and EMG-SV (Vintage) in the Middle and Neck (white pup covers)

Finish: Arctic White, White Pickguard

Neck: Sand off finish and oil neck, change to rosewood fretboard (if not already on it)
Dimarzio or Duncan humbucker in the neck, Earvana nut, Planetwaves locking tuners

EMG 81/60, Tonepros bridge and tailpiece, Earvana nut, Planetwaves locking tuners

Schecter C-1 classic
EMG 81/60, Tonepros bridge and tailpiece, Earvana nut, Planetwaves locking tuners

Ibanez RG1570
Wouldn't want one....

ESP Eclipse II
I wouldn't mod an Eclipse II. That's about as perfect a guitar as you can get.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor

Six point vintage bridge with steel block
Bareknuckle Irish Tour pickups
Locking kluson-style tuners
Graphtech nut
Graphtech saddles
Mid boost circuit
New 'boat' neck with jumbo frets, rosewood board.
Dimarzio Super Distortion S in bridge, Cruiser in the middle, and a Pro Track in the neck. Maple neck, 22 frets, the color is Seafoam green, aged white pickgaurd. coil taps for middle and neck pups using the 5 way selector (B/M full/ M split/ N split/N full). OFR bridge.

Seymore Duncan Alnico II Pro neck, Seth Lover in the bridge, in silverburst. coil taps using push/pull pots.

Schecter C-1 classic
Bill Lawrence L500XL bridge, Dimarzio Humbucker from Hell neck, camo finish like the JH600.

Ibanez RG1570
PAF Joe neck, Jem single in the middle, Mo' Joe in the bridge. painted with a purple metallic finish, with all gold hardware. coil tap/phase buttons for the hummers.

ESP Eclipse II
EMG 60/85 combo with a translucent black finish.
Ovation Celebrity
MIJ STRAT
Ibanez Prestige S1220WNF
modded Ibanez GAX75
Fender tuner-DIGITECH EX-7-BOSS SD1-Ibanez CF7-Tech 21 TM 60
(LOOP)Boss DD20(Loop)
My soundclick page
Quote by angusyoungwanab

Ibanez RG1570
PAF Joe neck, Jem single in the middle, Mo' Joe in the bridge. painted with a purple metallic finish, with all gold hardware. coil tap/phase buttons for the hummers.

then this is the guitar i'd take
Ovation Celebrity
MIJ STRAT
Ibanez Prestige S1220WNF
modded Ibanez GAX75
Fender tuner-DIGITECH EX-7-BOSS SD1-Ibanez CF7-Tech 21 TM 60
(LOOP)Boss DD20(Loop)
My soundclick page
I would completely change the 1570, so, Custom Shop Jackson for me
Jackson SLSMG Soloist (JB/Jazz)
Roland Micro Cube

Member of UG's gain \/\/hores-pm gpderek09 to join.
Already modding an Epiphone Les Paul so I'd go with a Strat (Even though I hate Strats, the American ones are decent). Custom paint job (Nitrocellulose Dark cherry red), 3 Single coils, probably Fender Lace Sencors, Official Floyd Rose Tremollo, Grover locking tuners, Since the necks a bolt on, route the neck joint a bit and put a 24 fret neck in there (set in), Route it so I can have independant volume and tone controls for each pickup, then throw some 500K pots in, probably a new switch and a new gold plated jack and I'm done lol.
Current Rig:
Gibson Firebird Studio
Limited Edition Schecter 35th Anniversary C-1
Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 FR
Ashdown Fallen Angel
Custom 7 Firebird from Ignition Custom Guitars (check them out)
ESP Phoenix
Ibanez RG1570

EMG 85s for pickups
Kahler Pro Trem
.12 Elixirs
Med-large Frets
Custom Painted - black background with red racing stripe and the rest is custom painted of swirls.
Graphtech Saddle Saver
Grover Locking Tuner
And of course, the player, the player has to be handsome and more pro than yngwie+michael angelo batio (me! )
fender strat.
completety route out the back. insert a big muff, EVH flanger and small clone.
buttons for each pedal sticking out behind bridge.
OFR with D tuna.
completly random paint- new paper clipping, electrical tape, random blood spatter, bits of solder stuck to it.
guitar strap stuck to guitar with eye bolts.2 per end.
pickup configuration-hum (bareknuckle nailbomb), Filtertron, P90.
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
Cherry sunburst Les Paul, 59 neck, open zebra Bareknuckle Alnico II Mule in bridge, covered Alnico II Mule in the neck, push/& pull pots, Bigsby, Fishman bridge (with piezos) extra knob (on treble wing, Gretsch style) for Fishman (and push/ pull to turn it on/ off), Earvana nut, Grover locking tuners,
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Last edited by Gabel at Jun 14, 2006,