Hey all, I had a hunch that this had been posted before but I couldn't find it. I'm looking into a Strat, and I'd like to know how much better the American is than the Standard. I'm still a little hesitant to drop $1000 plus on the American, but if it really is that much better, I will. So, any input guys?
better everything, and made in USA!

even though it is overpriced but the american, there WILL be some america haters that will come in here and say there is no difference between a MIM and MIA strat, but there is.

MIA > MIM
It is much better
Member #5 of the I <3 Schecter's Club-PM Schecter-06 to join
"Member of the Guitarists that wished they could sing because they would make fantastic frontmen club"-Pm Davidian to join
^ how about u give some reasons.

and american strats arent overpriced. they are a good value in their price range.
just as the mex made is a good value in its price range.

the neck and frets are finished better, the electronics and pickups are better, the wood is the same type but they use less peices of it when forming the body, hardware (tuners and bridge are better.)
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
There's lots of differences, Jenny said most of them.
But, you could find a MIM Strat that could hold its own to a USA Strat, that's if you pick a good one.

And... there's always Japanese Strats...
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by Member

even though it is overpriced but the american, there WILL be some america haters that will come in here and say there is no difference between a MIM and MIA strat, but there is.

MIA > MIM

First of all, questioning the quality of American-made instruments doesn't make someone an America-hater. You can love America and still try to look at things objectively. It`s called thinking for yourself.

Secondly, it`s not very smart to buy something simply because it was made in your home-country. If you want to be patriotic, buy a flag. And in case you didn`t know, ultimate-guitar.com is a Russian website, so I don`t know why you assume everyone here is American.

That being said, American Fenders are, indeed, excellent guitars at great prices.

American Stratocaster + Blues Junior

Quote by Member

MIA > MIM

It has nothing to do with hating America
You either buy a guitar made in mexico by mexicans or buy a guitar made in california 40 miles away,...by mexicans.

the MIA is probably in most cases better built/have higher quality parts but really they're very very close. NOT worth the $500 difference but who doesn't want an MIA?
Quote by Armored Artist
First of all, questioning the quality of American-made instruments doesn't make someone an America-hater. You can love America and still try to look at things objectively. It`s called thinking for yourself.

Secondly, it`s not very smart to buy something simply because it was made in your home-country. If you want to be patriotic, buy a flag. And in case you didn`t know, ultimate-guitar.com is a Russian website, so I don`t know why you assume everyone here is American.

That being said, American Fenders are, indeed, excellent guitars at great prices.

I just assumed everyone on the internet was American
Quote by jj1565
and american strats arent overpriced. they are a good value in their price range.
just as the mex made is a good value in its price range.

the neck and frets are finished better, the electronics and pickups are better, the wood is the same type but they use less peices of it when forming the body, hardware (tuners and bridge are better.)

jenny, have you tried the new MIM models? You're right about the MIA electronics, PUs, and hardware being better and the price reflects these ... but the finish and neck feel on the new MIMs are pretty amazing! Not sure if the medium-jumbo frets are now standard but they were nice.
Yes they are standard and I do like the necks on the new ones
I wasn't sure but I thought that too.. the necks just feel better
honestly, i havent tried the new updated standard MIMs yet.
(even tho its all everyone's been talking about.)

last time i was on a shopping spree, they were pretty short on mex mades. i dont think they even had the new ones.
im going to find some tho. im really into my strats lately.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011