Hey, Its the same old question but im tired of the amps Ive owned and just doesnt cut it off. Im looking for a new amp around 400 bucks, 2 speakers if possible. The best solid state you can reccomend me. Im looking for a good metal distortion and a nice clean channel. I heard the clips of a line 6 and sounded quite good.
Any Suggestions Please
Cube 60

Loud as hell, sounds ****ing amazing, and it has a bad-ass COSM model of a 5150 and a Recto.
Jackson SLSMG Soloist (JB/Jazz)
Roland Micro Cube

Member of UG's gain \/\/hores-pm gpderek09 to join.
Solid State amps CAN'T sound good. The Cube is overrated. Get the Peavey Valveking. Even though you might have to save some more up. DON'T GET THE LINE 6 SPIDER! It's horrible.
Quote by LP Junior
Solid State amps CAN'T sound good. .

Listen to the Cube and come back and say that.
Jackson SLSMG Soloist (JB/Jazz)
Roland Micro Cube

Member of UG's gain \/\/hores-pm gpderek09 to join.
Quote by LP Junior
Solid State amps CAN'T sound good. The Cube is overrated. Get the Peavey Valveking. Even though you might have to save some more up. DON'T GET THE LINE 6 SPIDER! It's horrible.

Idiot. Yes they can. Go out and play some amps kiddo.

But yes the Spider is nasty.
Quote by PunishedOne
Listen to the Cube and come back and say that.

Solid State amps CAN'T sound good. Don't argue.
Quote by LP Junior

Ever hear of a guitar player called Dimebag Darrell?

Please stop with your infantile attempts to sound smart. You sound like you heard that from your dad and won't stop repeating it.
Quote by LP Junior

Bull****, I think you'll find many pro session players disagree.
Gear

Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Fender MIA Precision
Musicman Bongo
Boss TU-2
EBS TD650
EBS ProLine 2x10 x 2
another option is the vox advt (that i have), it has a ****load of effects and amp models on it, thou metal distortion isnt the best
the spider aint nasty its the sex.

down at the local rehersal rooms they have an array of stacks, from the spiders to marshall valve.

in my opinion, and that of my bands two guitarists, they would both choose solid state over valve, the marshall valve cabs have given us nothing but trouble plus i have never seen whats so great about the sound.
Ive never seen one that works or gives us trouble, one gig we did we used valve amps, and they cut out at random intervals, and they were only a month or two old.

if i was going to fork out the money for a stack, i'd go for the spider. i think it sounds great, plus its more reliable and less of a cost to fix.

plus you can give it a good whack without breaking it
the world loves a bastard
solid state amps sound bad eh......listen to a roland jazz chorus...roland and randall do solid state amps right.
Quote by R_H_C_P
^Oh my God! You're the first person to actually notice that link! A pringle to you my friend!

My Surf-o-Strat Project
roland jazz choruses are the frking SEX!
Line 6 really isn't as bad as people say. It's no where near as bad as the MG's, and for the buck it's a decent deal. The cubes are good, but if you're less high-gain oriented, go for the Vox valvetronixes. The 50w is really the best.
1995 MIM Fender Strat
Breedlove AD25/SM Acoustic
Chandler Les Paul w/Duncan Alnico II-Pro & Pearly Gates
Little Big Muff Pi
Dunlop Crybaby
Vox AD50VT

Quote by CheeseMuffin909
Zakk Wylde.
He's like Elton John but with a guitar, more stylish clothes, and not gay.
well, I have a Peavey Studio Pro 112, but I dont like its distorition and Im selling it te get another amp. the thing here is that I like the clean tone, I could even buy a pedal for distortion and effects. Is it better to go for a new amp or a pedal ???? Any help
Quote by LP Junior

I'm sure plenty of Jazz players would argue against that

And ever hear of Dimebag Darrell
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join