all right so me and my teacher started getting more into theory in improv and we got into relative major and minor scales, but my memory kind of let me down and i forgot parts of the explanation

So if i have a basic CMaj scale for 1 then a Dmin scale would be 2? please help me out

and can someone give me an easier way to remember the order of M, m , and dim from 1-7?
1 Ionian (Major)
2 Dorian
3 Phrygian
4 Lydian
5 Mixolydian
6 Aeolian (Minor)
7 Locrian

Do you mean this?
The "Popped Collar" Award(Sexiest)
Elvenkindje

The "Rest In Real Life" Award(Best Past MT Mod)
Elvenkindje
The relative minor is one and a half steps lower than the root major.

C's relative minor is A
D = Bm
E = C#m
F = Dm
G = Em
A = F#m
B = G#m
Quote by BumOffBarney
And everyone in this thread, get a life. With the exception of trexgrinder or something like that
^Same thing. And yes, you're right. You just have to simply memorize it... it's not bad. Only 7 things... once you use them a lot, they just come second nature, trust me.

I never thought I could memorize 30+ calculus 3 theorems and rules, but I did.
Looking for my India/Django.
anyone who has ever gotten lessons is lucky since theyre expensive. Ive learned all on my own cept for the open chords that a friend showed me. i learned barre chords and scales and theory on my own
Do you mean what chords to use in which key?

Key of C:

C major/major 7

D minor/minor 7

E minor/minor 7

F major/major 7

G major/dominant 7

A minor/minor 7

B diminished/minor7 flat5

And for modes:

Key of C:

C Ionian

D Dorian

E Phrygian

F Lydian

G Mixolydian

A Aoleon

B Locrian
"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." JOHN 3:16 NIV
Quote by Tregxander92
The relative minor is one and a half steps lower than the root major.

C's relative minor is A
D = Bm
E = C#m
F = Dm
G = Em
A = F#m
B = G#m

Thanks man that helps with the minors

but now the relative major would be a whole step up?
relative major is 1 and a half whole steps up.
"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." JOHN 3:16 NIV