How does this order list look for an upcoming gig

My Generation - The Who
Under the Bridge - Red Hot Chili Peppers
Don't Look Back into the Sun - The Libertines
Rumour Mill - The Young Knives
Snow - Red Hot Chili Peppers
Untitled (Our Own Song, more modern rock/funk)
Columbia - Oasis
Hump de Bump - Red Hot Chili Peppers

(Break with Bass + Drum Jam incl/ bit of slapping n funk)

Baba O'Riley - The Who
Untitled (Our Own Song, Kinda' bluesy)
Hey Joe - Jimi Hendrix
Knockin' on Heavens Door - Guns n Roses
Untitled (Our Own Song, Kinda' bluesy)
Dazed and Confused - Led Zeppelin
We Won't Get Fooled Again - The Who

list any improvements/switharounds of order etc. As you can see in the first part we've tried to get do some modern stuff switching into more bluesy classic rock after the break, is this the wrong thing 2 do?
too many chilis and who songs
i would say preferably one of each artist with a max of 2

'tis life
How long have you guys been together?

Seems like too many covers, but I don't know your band or anything about you, so I don't want to judge...
Looking for my India/Django.
Isn't knocking on Heavens door a Guns version of a Bob Dylan song... or is it a different song... if it is a cover of the Dylan song (not really a Guns Man) do the Bob Dylan version because it's a real chill out song
How are you doing the intro in Baba and the violin solo? I mean how are you going to play them?
I think it's an eclectic mix so you may have so you may lose some people, I would advise if you are going to be doing some funk cut a peppers song and actually play a Motown song... I mean why not?

edit: yes it is a cover of the Dylan version and it's a pretty "chill" version when done by Guns N Roses, I would advise listening to a song before you decide to not recommend it
I listen to music and I don't need your opinions about what I listen to.
Quote by redwing_suck
How long have you guys been together?

Seems like too many covers, but I don't know your band or anything about you, so I don't want to judge...

not too long, we've thrown three of our own songs in there as we've tried to work on quality and not quantity with our own stuff, and want to finish a gig well before we really move on to working totally on our own stuff.
Quote by socialtool
How are you doing the intro in Baba and the violin solo? I mean how are you going to play them?
I think it's an eclectic mix so you may have so you may lose some people, I would advise if you are going to be doing some funk cut a peppers song and actually play a Motown song... I mean why not?

edit: yes it is a cover of the Dylan version and it's a pretty "chill" version when done by Guns N Roses, I would advise listening to a song before you decide to not recommend it

We have both the backing tracks to Won't get fooled and baba on tape, and we'll do the violin solo with harmonica

eclectic? what does that mean? (sorry)

and yeah a motown song would be cool, thanks!

cheers for the contribution every1!
Last edited by alexpar90 at Jun 14, 2006,
Quote by alexpar90
We have both the backing tracks to Won't get fooled and baba on tape, and we'll do the violin solo with harmonica

eclectic? what does that mean? (sorry)

and yeah a motown song would be cool, thanks!

cheers for the contribution every1!

Well harmonicais how Daltry did it when I saw them live... SOcheers to that

Although I'm not sure I would want to use a backing track live. You have to be completely spot on.

Eclectic-adj.
1. Selecting or employing individual elements from a variety of sources, systems, or styles: an eclectic taste in music; an eclectic approach to managing the economy.
2. Made up of or combining elements from a variety of sources: ?a popular bar patronized by an eclectic collection of artists, writers, secretaries and aging soldiers on reserve duty?
I listen to music and I don't need your opinions about what I listen to.
Quote by Shorrock
2nd half of set list looks better than the first

very very true...i'd nearly scrap the first set except for my generation
cut snow.. although thats my favorite peppers song to play, it really doesnt fit in, and itll make one less cover for you guys. especially if the guitarist cheats on the riff like every other person i know does... (bastsards..) other than that, it seems good, but you need to start getting more of your own songs in there.
Try to mix up more songs to many chili songs, as for the Who, everyone like the who so I think your good.