Today in philosophy class we were studying philosophy of art and aesthetics. Anyways, my teacher (who is also a jazz guitarist) put in a DVD on Django. Now, I'm more into rock, but Django was really amazing. His music and his style is so cool to listen to also.

His story is amazing. He came from a gypsy family, and he was illiterate so not only he couldn't read or write music, but he couldn't read or write in general. Most amazing is that because of a fire, he only had use of his index and middle fingers when he played. Now I'm not one to normally listen to jazz, but Django just mite be the man to get me into it. Thoughts anyone?
Yeah, Django is great - his life's story is very inspirational. He's a great guitarist too. I watched this video of him on YouTube, and it was mind-blowing.

I wonder how much better he could've been had his fingers not been damaged in the fire. I know he was capable of playing chords with his damaged ones, but image them for when he was playing leads and such.

Nonetheless, he's one of the best jazz guitarist ever.
Django is commonly considered one of the greatest jazz musicians in history
his life was interesting and his music even more so

'tis life
has anyone got any videos or sound clips of this guy? I starting to get into jazz and he has got jeff becks approval as well as jerry garcias!

another dream
i was taking a shower
and i took my penis off to wash it
but i couldnt figure out how to put it back on
so it ran away- Superunkown
beatiful anecdote
check out his albums in paris, they are whats known as jaw dropping. oh, and learn the gypsy scale, its really cool and before you know it your playing some django-esque licks.
try more jazz, go beyond guitar. listen to duke ellington, louis armstrong, miles davis, john coltrane, obviously this list will go on for ages but those were a very few of the millions of geniuses of jazz music.
This is what you get.
This is what you get.
This what you get when you mess with us.
Django was brilliant...

If you like him, check out guys like The Rosenberg Trio, Jimmy Rosenberg, Stochelo Rosenberg, Samson Schmitt, Dorado Schmitt, Robin Nolan, Harold Berghuis, Frank Vignola, Bireli Lagrene, Paul Mehling, Reiner Voet, Romano Vodi, Christian Escoude ...

And checkout the gypsy guitar section on http://www.guitarplayertv.com/

http://www.hotclub.co.uk/ is also a good site.

He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
Resiliance got modded.... hmmm

Well done

And I would probably argue that Django is the closest case for the greatest guitarist of the 20th Century.
Quote by CornLord
Derigiberble would win in a fight against any UGer, n00b or not, just because most people on the site can't help but love him/her.

Get, Get, Get, Get, Get Out And Push.
Thanks guys would you know any good complilation albums, whenever I say the word Jazz everyone mentions a million guitarists.
What exactly is fusion, is that like jazz/shred?

another dream
i was taking a shower
and i took my penis off to wash it
but i couldnt figure out how to put it back on
so it ran away- Superunkown
beatiful anecdote
^That's a good way of describing it, although many purists would disagree.

It's basically a mixture between "rock" elements and pure jazz.

It kicks ass

You'll need to be a bit more specific in your request though.
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.