i was reading Affinity Fat Strat Review on UG and i was wondering what they ment with that the guitar will withstand live playing.... do guitars brake at live playing or what? i dont quite understand... someone please explain why a guitar would or woulnd withstand live playing.
Guitars don't break when you play live unless you break it, smash it, or drop it or something. Maybe it means that guitar holds up well in terms of playability.
They tend to mean wether it can be relied on to stay in tune or whatever, whether the output jack is likely to come loose in the middle of a gig (as many cheapies tend to), or wether the strap buttons will hold. As you can imagine, that on stage, players will move around more, maybe swing the guitar about as you get into the music,or whatever. The guitar is under more stress than when you are sat practicing scales.
Quote by nerz
i was reading Affinity Fat Strat Review on UG and i was wondering what they ment with that the guitar will withstand live playing.... do guitars brake at live playing or what? i dont quite understand... someone please explain why a guitar would or woulnd withstand live playing.

Cheaper guitars go out of tune quicker, poor design may lead to string breakage (frets not properly filed), and other things. Basically you're up there for an extended period of time maxing out your equipment, if somethings going to go wrong, it will happen here. Also "live playing" may also entail the effects of travel on the guitar (or equipment). Basically the last thing you want to do is get on stage and be embarressed because of something ****ing up with your guitar. If the user has gigged with it and experienced no problems while on stage he or she would say it can withstand live playing.

Bry