i know this is stupid but watever.
im looking to get a nice good bass....for metal n stuff like system of a down...
within price range of $430...which company and model shud i get......oh yeah and it shud be a 5 string....

thx
Quote by maggot4life
i know this is stupid but watever.
im looking to get a nice good bass....for metal n stuff like system of a down...
within price range of $430...which company and model shud i get......oh yeah and it shud be a 5 string....

thx

hohner v bass. ebay.com.

have had it for over a year and hasnt let me down yet.
Quote by Mr. T
"Mr. T defines love as the reluctance to murder. If you're still alive, it's because Mr. T loves you."
Use e-bay. There you go.
Quote by Sizzleby
I could watch your avatar for hours.
Quote by thewho65
It's official: apparently, the U.K. is a nation of trolls.

ORANGE AMPLIFIERS Endorser and Proud.
DONT use ebay.

Go to a music shop and try one out. Ebay sucks as you have to wait and dont get to try it.
not trying a bass or amp before you buy: NOT very smart.

i regret now getting my ampeg ba115 off ebay

in fact, im driving all the way to cali when i get my license, JUST to try out the Carvin bass amps, cuz altho they look HELLA nice, and are VERY cheap, i learned my lesson

try some ibanez 5 strings, great for metal, and play like a dream with a nice set up.
Quote by Tallman
DONT use ebay.

Go to a music shop and try one out. Ebay sucks as you have to wait and dont get to try it.

ive bought 2 basses, 2 amps, and 4 pedals from ebay, and ive only been disappointed in the mini q tron pedal, but that was my fault for buying a guitar pedal.

ive also sold that mini q and my acoustic basses for rather decent profits on ebay, so i trust it.
Quote by Mr. T
"Mr. T defines love as the reluctance to murder. If you're still alive, it's because Mr. T loves you."
Quote by crazypeanutman
ive bought 2 basses, 2 amps, and 4 pedals from ebay, and ive only been disappointed in the mini q tron pedal, but that was my fault for buying a guitar pedal.

ive also sold that mini q and my acoustic basses for rather decent profits on ebay, so i trust it.

question is: did you try them in the past before you bought them on ebay?

if yes, then thats fine, thats a reasonable thing to do, i'd do that too,

if no, you were just lucky
Quote by mangablade
question is: did you try them in the past before you bought them on ebay?

if yes, then thats fine, thats a reasonable thing to do, i'd do that too,

if no, you were just lucky

nope, didnt try a single one out. i just knew exactly what i wanted, and hit a very, very long checklist of things i knew i needed to have. if something had everything i wanted, i looked at condition, then read a review online.

so im may be lucky, but i prefer to think i was just very thorough in my research.

btw, i bought my conklin off musiciansfriend just as blindly, but with the same checklist, so theres 3 basses i bought with no previous playing that have satisfied me. lucky all 9 times?
Quote by Mr. T
Quote by crazypeanutman
nope, didnt try a single one out. i just knew exactly what i wanted, and hit a very, very long checklist of things i knew i needed to have. if something had everything i wanted, i looked at condition, then read a review online.

so im may be lucky, but i prefer to think i was just very thorough in my research.

btw, i bought my conklin off musiciansfriend just as blindly, but with the same checklist, so theres 3 basses i bought with no previous playing that have satisfied me. lucky all 9 times?

haha, well yeah i didnt mean all luck, of course we should do our research, but from the research i did on the BA115, no one told me it was goin to sound bland, and a bit too warm with little room for making your own tone.

not till after i bought it did people start making those comments lmao. i did get it for very little tho, so happy about that.

The carvin R1015 is like a DREAM amp to me, looking at its specs, i love every single thing about it.

but im still gonna try before i buy becuz i just plain old dont like riskin it
Quote by mangablade
haha, well yeah i didnt mean all luck, of course we should do our research, but from the research i did on the BA115, no one told me it was goin to sound bland, and a bit too warm with little room for making your own tone.

not till after i bought it did people start making those comments lmao. i did get it for very little tho, so happy about that.

The carvin R1015 is like a DREAM amp to me, looking at its specs, i love every single thing about it.

but im still gonna try before i buy becuz i just plain old dont like riskin it

understandable. i am a bit reckless with my cash though, so ebay's not for everyone. its a gamble for everything, very cheap, but take your chances of it being a piece.

good luck with your carvin though, the bp200 i got off of ebay is a great amp.

Quote by Mr. T
the PB200? (you said BP)

if so, i want to know REALLY how good it is, because basically the R1015 is a really souped of version of it
Quote by mangablade
not trying a bass or amp before you buy: NOT very smart.

i regret now getting my ampeg ba115 off ebay

in fact, im driving all the way to cali when i get my license, JUST to try out the Carvin bass amps, cuz altho they look HELLA nice, and are VERY cheap, i learned my lesson

try some ibanez 5 strings, great for metal, and play like a dream with a nice set up.

2 words : Ibanez SR505.

Save up another $50 or so, and you'll have a nice bass.

Dictator For Life of the fIREHOSE fANCLUB. PM Me, Tedrick, or Yertle to join.
^ im obviously not gonna disagree with that one

great stuff!!! get one used if you want, then more money for a bass amp.