I'm looking to record on the computer, with some software i have. i was wondering if i can run my guitar through my effects pedal through a 1/4" adapter into the line in jack on my computer and record.
if this possible please help me. I know absolutely nothing about recording...
Quote by Kneusje
^ He's right!

Quote by Flea of RHCP
I LOVE, I LOVE, I LOVE... KILLER WHALES! AND I LOVE MANGOS! AND IGGY POP TOO! I LOVE IGGY POP! AND EVEN GETTING UP EARLY IN THE MORNING, AND SWIMMING! AND TAKING A GOOOOOD SH*T! AND I LOVE ALL OF YOU TOO!

I would not suggest this unless u have no money to spare on an audio interface. Going straight into the soundcard on ur computer makes for really crappy quality. U can plug either ur guitar straight in or plug in the mic and mic ur amp into the interface and plug the interface into the computer Via USB. A good interface would be the toneport Ux1 from line 6 (i always recommend that one)
Member #5 of the I <3 Schecter's Club-PM Schecter-06 to join
"Member of the Guitarists that wished they could sing because they would make fantastic frontmen club"-Pm Davidian to join
Quote by <><
Yeah, mic'ing your amp would be your best bet.

and a good mic would be a Shure Sm57
Member #5 of the I <3 Schecter's Club-PM Schecter-06 to join
"Member of the Guitarists that wished they could sing because they would make fantastic frontmen club"-Pm Davidian to join
is a Shure Sm57 good for live performances?
Quote by Kneusje
^ He's right!

Quote by Flea of RHCP
I LOVE, I LOVE, I LOVE... KILLER WHALES! AND I LOVE MANGOS! AND IGGY POP TOO! I LOVE IGGY POP! AND EVEN GETTING UP EARLY IN THE MORNING, AND SWIMMING! AND TAKING A GOOOOOD SH*T! AND I LOVE ALL OF YOU TOO!