hey i am looking to get a new bass i already have a normal gibson sg guitar so i thought it would be cool to get the bass to match and i am wondering if thats a good guitar for its canadian dollar 1200 price tag and if not wats a better guitar for the same price about 900 american i think thx
I've always wanted the Gibson SG reissue.

IT goes for about $999 American on Musician's friend. I've heard the Epiphone models of the SG bass are sub par, but I would think that the Gibson would be of quality.
SG basses (properly known as the EB-0 and EB-3 basses depending if it has one or two pups respectively) were sub-par basses when they were first made in the sixties, and they are still overpriced (because of the Gibson brand name) mediocre basses. Granted it certainly isn't at a Rouge or Squire level of crappiness, but its certaintly a ripoff considering you could be buying an american made fender or a stingray for the price of an EB bass.

Essentially you've got a big ass humbucker right next to the neck, which produces a nice boomy sound, but there's no clairty whatsoever, meanwhile there is a tiny humbucker near the bridge which gives off a more distinct growl, but lacks the volume and low end of the neck. Essentially each pup has one feature but lacks the other which should be standard in all pickups. In a nutshell the sound isnt bad, but it leaves a lot to be desired for the price you're paying.

If you're a guitarist, start out with a fender or Ibanez, if you're really into playing bass. **** having a bass to match your guitar. Thats a horrible reason to blow over a grand.
Once you get to the top, the only way to go is down.
Quote by gibson_sg_gal13
hey i am looking to get a new bass i already have a normal gibson sg guitar so i thought it would be cool to get the bass to match and i am wondering if thats a good guitar for its canadian dollar 1200 price tag and if not wats a better guitar for the same price about 900 american i think thx

The SGZ is expensive for a none active bass, for the money I'd expect it to be active. Musicman, Fender or G&L would be so much better.
G&L L2500
Squier Affinity Jazz Bass 5
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
Ashdown Little Giant 1000
300 watt 15" powered cab
450 watt 15" powered sub bass cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn
If you want one that actually sounds decent, I would build my own with spare wooden parts and different pickups. If you are willing to spend a lot of money just for looks, then you should be willing to spend a bit more for the sake of sound, too.
Member #8 of the "I Love Waterbears" club!! PM Phantom lord363 to join

Member #2 of the "I love Mexican food" club. PM frozen-dirt to join.

Machine-gun tappist of the Bass Militia. PM Duff_McGee or IndieMetalhead to join.

LOL @ RABBIT