I have played the vintage Epiphone G-400 and the Epiphone Les Paul 100. Everyone tells me that the G-400 is so much better than the LP 100. They sounded almost exactly the same when I played them. I like the LP body style better and its $50 cheaper. Even the reviews on this site suggest the LP 100 is better. The LP 100 got a 9, and the g-400 got an 8.2. anyone have either one of these that could help me out?
I have the G-400. I've played Epi Les Pauls. They have the same kind of sound since they both have humbuckers. Its just a matter or preference. I like the SGs better cuz it has better access to the higher frets and is a lot lighter. You might not mind the weight or limited access. Its preference.
everybodys just acting like theyre so terrible but it sounded pretty good to me when i was playing it today
I have a G-400 with maestro trem, And a les paul Tradition Copy,

The G-400 has a longer scale length, a thiner body, and great upper fret accesses,
Mines made of cherry so I wouldn't know the tone of a mahogany or alder,

the copy (Although not a epiphone) is great, Sterdy Construction, Easy to play,
Mahogany body nice deep tone (heavy though), Although epiphone les pauls I've played feel alot
better then mine.

Both are great guitars, Just go with what you like better,
Last edited by Spade1 at Jun 13, 2006,
Quote by rnrsoldier1461
everybodys just acting like theyre so terrible but it sounded pretty good to me when i was playing it today

if you liked it when you played it, **** what everyone else says.

I do suggest you shop around a bit more though. I looked at your other thread, and you're not making much of an upgrade.

Stop looking for approval. You can take UG'ers advice, but in the end, it's your money that you're spending.

And after you try out a larger variety of guitars, if you still feel strongly about the LP 100, why not? go for it.
Last edited by GardenGnome26 at Jun 13, 2006,
i have the les paul 100, and its great, more or less the same as a gibson les paul which costs a considerable amount more. i dont have any experience with the g-400 tho, so i cant help much there