hey guys, I have some questions

Which is better for most music, Fender Players Deluxe, or Schecter C-1 plus?

Which has better build quality? Like pickups and stuff.

For the C-1 plus, I will probably get some new humbuckers.

I was thinking Seyemore Duncans. JB in the bridge and jazz in the neck? Or maybe 59's somewhere? Which is good for a versitile sound?

Thanks
Alrite, I do agree that the C-1 Plus is much nicer looking, what kinda tone are you looking for? THe schecters are very nice quality instruments, you have a lot of options for the pickups. The JB is very trebly and well suited for hard rock, if you adjust the pole pieces it can get a little better, but the cleans aren't very good, and personally I don't like it as much for heavy metal. The 59 does good cleans tho, I like that pickup in the neck position of my Blackjack.

ive got a C1+ and a deluxe MIA strat.

the MIM strat with mini humbuckers is the most versatile. both are high quality, the jazz jb arent versatile but are pretty hot, i dont think the C1+ comes with coil tap, and umm a fat strat might be what u want.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
I'm just gonna go for the schecter. There is something I dont like about fat strats. And on the old C-1+ I dont think they had the coil tap. But it doesnt matter.

But now can someone recommend a good combo of humbuckers?
im only bringing it up because they made some upgraded C1+ for $650. those had the real SD pups and maybe even the coil tap ur talking about.

but now they are back to stock pups for $550.

so if ur getting one wt coil tap maybe u already got the upgraded pups, thats all.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Quote by jj1565

i dont think the C1+ comes with coil tap, .

Yes they do, I have one, pull out on the tone knob.
I have a C-1+ and they have the sustain that the fender doesnt. Schecter is also known for being able to tune waaay down. I had mine a full octive down playing and I still had tension and little to no buzzing.
I say schecter FTW!
^laf, mine isnt push pull trust me. mines like 4 or 5 yrs old now.

im saying they made some upgraded models so it depends on the one he wants to buy.
and i wasnt sure if some of them came with upgraded pups already. most of the online sites have the stripped models in stock only.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Dont worry, this wont be for a few months, when I get enough money. By then they should have them.
Note that the C-1 Plus has a shorter (24.75") scale lenght
Quote by Schecter1277
I had mine a full octive down playing and I still had tension and little to no buzzing.

...no way.
Quote by Spaceman_Spiff
This may be a dumb question, but what is coil tapping?

It allows you to split a hummer so that you can get a single-coil tone.

On an unrelated note, why all the posts about shecters all of a sudden? lol. People, go out and play the guitar, then choose for yourself.
Never fight with a Gnome, he'll wreck your f'in garden.

"Standin there just a live wire, no-where left to turn, you were gonna set the world on fire, will you never learn? Now you're shot through the heart."
technically,
coil-splitting- is splitting the humbucker into two single coils (sound wise) with the pull of a tone knob. (u are cutting off one of the singles in the humbucker)

*u need a strong 4 wire humbucker to start with, and the split result rarely sounds like a true single coil sound anyway.

coil tapping- is when u tap into the humbucker's coil with a lead and u switch that humbucker from high to low output.

either way, ur getting more tones with the flick of a switch or a pull of a knob.

edit: and mills, where have u been? there have been schecter fan boys in EG for the past year.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Last edited by jj1565 at Jun 19, 2006,
by the way the reason I am getting it is not because of avenged seven fold. This kid I know has a schecter, and he said they were good, so I tried one out, and now I love the C-1+
Quote by Schecter1277
Yes they do, I have one, pull out on the tone knob.
I have a C-1+ and they have the sustain that the fender doesnt. Schecter is also known for being able to tune waaay down. I had mine a full octive down playing and I still had tension and little to no buzzing.
I say schecter FTW!

Really? I tune mine to drop-D and I have to gently pluck the low D string otherwise it buzzes like a fly caught in a vibrator. Lucky bastard
Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer
^use thicker gauge strings.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Quote by jj1565
^use thicker gauge strings.

That would be the keen solution. My own procrastination prevents me from following through
Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer