i have the Mg100hdfx head i know most people frown upon this head but. i noticed today that while im playing the volume fades up and then back down occasionally. im not sure what causes it or if its a huge problem?
Check your cables, that could be the problem. If not, its just the MG living up to its bad reputation.
My Gear:
American Deluxe HSS Strat
Crate GT212
Vintage '66 Fender Champ Amp
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Jekyll & Hyde Ultimate Overdrive
Vintage '74 MXR Script Phase 90
Vintage '77 MXR Flanger
Orange Squeezer (clone)
i was thinking the problem was that it was a marshall MG head...
As I see the ignorance of humanity engulfing reason and sanity like a wave of perpetual defeat and misery I ask myself, when the hell is everyone going to shut up and actually think?
Hmm, I've never had a problem like that with an amp. I've had volume cut right in and out but that was just cables. I recommend getting a professional to look at it.
My gear:
'96 Ibanez S540FMTT
'91 Standard Gibson SG [w/ Bare Knuckle Warpigs]
Peavey Triple XXX 112
actually this is the only somewhat problem its giveing me and it doesnt seem to be a huge ordeal its barely noticeble but yeah.
First thing that came to my mind when I read the thread title was "Doh!"

Hold on, I'll actually read your question now then

Maybe it's, like Ibanez said, it's time, or just get a professional to have a look at it.
Quote by idontloveyou
oh my.
you poor soul.
i'll go and slit my wrists for you so you dont have to.

well the amps only like a year or two old i doubt its its time or w.e. anyway i noticed that am running a digitech death metal pedal thru the amp and when i hit a chord and let it ring out completly is usually when the volume happens it seems to get lower and all the fuzz from the pedal goes away so maybe thats what the volume decreasing is from. it doesnt seem to fade up or down when the death metal pedal isnt hooked up and when it is hooked up the fade is usually for a split second when i stop playing and is batrely noticeable unless your looking for it. but im gunan contact a profeesional to see whats up.
yer i've got an mg and it seems to sound worse every time i play it. it's almost as if it's deteriorating with use. may sound dumb, but get a new amp
its a swollen cap after the pre-amp stage. You should still have a garuantee (can't spell) if its a year old, so take it back to the shop you bought it from with your receipt, no receipt? then get the shop too wire a new cap if you can find the swollen one.
And btw, for a gigging musician on a budget, the Mg series is a guitarists best friend, just never use marshall bass amps, there ****e.
Quote by old_toad
its a swollen cap after the pre-amp stage. You should still have a garuantee (can't spell) if its a year old, so take it back to the shop you bought it from with your receipt, no receipt? then get the shop too wire a new cap if you can find the swollen one.

i bought the amp used from someone how much would getting it fixed cost me? and how long do i have before it starts to get worse or somethign if thats what is infact th eproblem? cus the actual problem isnt bothering me that much right now as long as the amp works which it does so.
Quote by TUMFP
^no a PA is a gigging musicians best friend (besides his/her dog), its called 'mic'ing good tone

Its not always easy to get a good tone out of a small practice amp, especially a desireable one And nice PAs are few and far between...