I just got a strat and been playing it with my marshell VS15 amp. When ever I put distortion on my amp it gets really freaken loud. I have to put my amp volume all the way down and the volume on my strat to less than one (out of ten) just to play and it still hurts my ears. Is this just how it is, or can i change something on my guitar or amp? Thanks!
unless it is independently eq'd (on a ajfhgkjdasfgkajhg15 it isnt) its gonna be like that when you switch to the overdrive channel
Youre distortion is gonna make your amp louder, unless you have a compressor or equalizer.
But seriosuly, if it isnt hurting your ears youre not playing loud enough. Youre going deaf anyway, might as well go down jammin.
you have the amp volume all the way down and your strat's volume knob at less than one and it hurts your ears? you have the pussiest ears in the world
Quote by stringmagician
you have the amp volume all the way down and your strat's volume knob at less than one and it hurts your ears? you have the pussiest ears in the world

GET LOUDA!
dont worry itll stop hurting once your ears are used to it
Quote by R_H_C_P
You're joking right?

It's like comparing sex to sticking your penis in a blender.